Thread: WDTV Live USB Hub Capability

WDTV Live USB Hub Capability

I am going to get this but before that, I want to know that if there is USB Hub capability in this. My two 2TB's drives are full and I am going to get another but only if there is usb hub capability and it does not have that then there is no meaning to buy this. so I request you all that if you have any idea about this then please let me know that.

Re: WDTV Live USB Hub Capability

Here are the Strengths of the WD TV Live Hub. I hope that this will help you to get it understand.
    • HD network media player with hard drive capacity in a single device
    • Reads media content from USB hard drives, from the home network or from the Internet on the TV or video projector
    • Nice and simple user interface so that everyone can use at home
    • 1 Hard drive 1 TB
    • Gigabit Ethernet Interface
    • Easy to install and use
    • Support for AAC, MP3, JPEG, USB 2.0, H.264, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS, AVCHD, Adobe FlashLite
    • Playing ISO DVD (with menus) and Blu-ray
    • Compatible Hello, DLNA and UPnP for easy installation
    • Reads the subtitle SRT, SSA, SUB, SMI and PLS playlists, M3U, WPL

There is the Gigabit Ethernet port lets you connect the WD TV Live Hub to your home network (the "LAN") so you can access and play videos, music or photos, streaming in any room of your home network and connected to a PC, Mac or Linux computer. The system is even powerful enough to support multiple stream streaming so you can watch a movie in the living room, while others look at photos on your TV upstairs.

Internet access in the Western Digital TV Live Hub is limited. You can access to services like Facebook, Youtube or TV stations like Live 365 online through widgets. The device has some interesting access to online radio, RSS reader, podcasts or weather. It is also attractive feature automatic access to ODBC databases to download audio and video information. Once it detects a known film or album, the device displays the title page, synopsis and some additional information.

In the back we find the outlet there is an HDMI 1.4 port as another USB port (perfect for connecting additional external hard drive), digital optical output, Ethernet jack and outputs analog audio and video. A comprehensive look on the included remote control reveals that this is the most complete multimedia player WD. Besides the classic buttons to control playback there is also shortcuts for subtitle, audio, and previous and next page setup menu with four custom keys. To enhance your experience using advanced services WD has integrated numeric keypad on the bottom that, although it is more uncomfortable than a full QWERTY, it's always best to navigate the letter at a virtual keyboard.

The whole system is very intuitive and easy to gain agility a few minutes of use. The WD TV Live Hub continues to meet with excellent results when playing content. We wanted to push the boundaries of the hardware with a showing of the documentary "Home" in HD (41 Mbps bitrate) and Western Digital device responded with full solvency at all times. Connectivity is one of the highlights of this product. We can connect to our network by Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1,000 Mbps) or WiFi (buying a compatible adapter separately) and access content stored on other computers remotely.

WD TV Live Hub also offers integration with Facebook, allowing users to upload photos, videos, to share their status, view on the large TV screen to the board staff and receive the latest news feeds from their network of friends. Other key features of the WD TV Live Hub are automatic synchronization of folders shared digital PC and Mac on the network with the internal hard disk with a customizable user interface and programmable remote control. The wireless connection is available, with an adapter.