Thread: not able to import .mov files from camera to Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus.

not able to import .mov files from camera to Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus.

Hell all i am planing for getting the new Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus. but here i am thinking a situation that just should exist with that. i am having Canon S100 and when i try to get the photos with this i get that it shots movies only in .mov format. before this i was havign Galaxy Tab 7.0, and with that i was having problem that this tab does not recognize .mov format. now i am thinking that if with the Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus also wil have the same problem. when i am trying with the transferring the images at that time i get that ia m able to transfer that all images but it refuses to see .mov. why this happening with me?? can here anyone sugets me some way for resolving this type of the problem?? if yes then for that please reply me back.

Re: not able to import .mov files from camera to Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus.

OK, if you are getting that type of the problem then for that i will suggest you to tryh with the other player from the market like MX Video player. try with that and i am sure that with that you will not get the same problem.

Hey thanks for telling me about that. i tried with the installing the MX player but it does not help this tablet recognize .mov from my camera. yes, i know that the MX player can play .mov, but still this is not helping me for resolvign the problem. thanks again for that, any other suggestion for that??

when i was trying for getting the suggestion for your problem at that time i \get that your camera is using H.264 w/ PCM audio. and also this combination is not allowed for MP4. they dont tell me that why they are trying for doing that things but still i can say that they are doing that things for thats usually limited to formats a device understands. for resolving this type of the problem i will suggest you to try with the checking the market place for an app for talking to cannon cameras. hope that from there you will get that type of the apps. if you are not getting any that type of the apps then for that i will say you to try wiht the first transferring the files to the other deivce and then conecver this to the tablet formate and then use this to your tablet. reply me back if you get any that type of the apps.

Dude, here let me tell you that file type doesn't mean anything, if the device is able to play that file then at that time you can name a file anything you want to. but the main thing here is that device should be able to play that.

I have not seen yet any android tablet which is supporting the .mov format and also let me tell you that Android tablet not supporting an Apple format isn't surprising here. and for your knowledge i will say here that the .mov formate is more proprietary than .m4v. and also even Apple uses m4v more. if you are thinking for transferring the images directly from the camera to the tablet then for doing that things i am not having the suggestion, if you are not thinking for doign tthat then for that i will say you to try with first converting the file formate to the tablet supported fomate and then transfer this to the tab.

hey all thanks for telling me about this all things. still i am getting the same problem with that. hope that someone here will help me for resolving this problem thaks again for the suggestion,

Dude, here let me tell you that file type doesn't mean anything, if the device is able to play that file then at that time you can name a file anything you want to. but the main thing here is that device should be able to play that.
    Hey dude thanks for telling me about that.i am also having the new Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus and i was having the confusion about the file type which ou ahve suggested in the post. thanks for that.