Thread: IR API for Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus

IR API for Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus

Currently i am using the Galaxy Tab Plus. I have heard that it is contain IR. so i have created a Remote control app for all my devices at my home so that i can manage them using a single device. However in order to add the support i need an open API for the infrared module. It would be great if i get any.

Re: IR API for Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus

As far as i know that from specification there is no IR transmitter. But there are some kind of USB IR adapter or transmitters which will help you to install the app in Tab. Other than this i dont think that there could be any way.

Google has reached an agreement with most manufacturers and operators to get Android updates arrive as soon as possible to customers, style and reach the Nexus S and Nexus One Among those with a serious commitment are: HTC, Verizon, Samsung, Sprint, Sony Ericsson, Vodafone, LG, T Mobile, Motorola and AT & T. Google wants Android to be present in all aspects of our lives, for it has created an API to detect when any device to connect a terminal to detect it and can interact with it.

You might have know that Android devices from Samsung are not Locked and does not have a root access to customize or modify anything in it. Other than this you are still not able to install any custom apps on it unless it is rooted. In order to root the device you will also need a custom ROM which is not available yet.

I just downloaded the SDK to develop applications using samsung eclipse even the tab.

Unfortunately I noticed that applications that use the Google API (such as those using the map) will not install.

Can you tell me if there is a version of this SDK google api or if there is a way to make us run even the apps that use the Google API?