Thread: Momentus XT SD25 draining Macbook Pro battery very quickly

Momentus XT SD25 draining Macbook Pro battery very quickly

After installing Momentus XT SD25 on my Macbook Pro i have noticed that there is drastic amount of decrease in Battery Backup. Before this drive the MBP battery was capable to run nearly 6 to 7 hours and i didnt see any kind of performance decrement. However after the installation i can run the laptop nearly 5 to 5.5 hours. It is really a disappointment. What could be the reason? Any solution?

Re: Momentus XT SD25 draining Macbook Pro battery very quickly

This is because the microprocessor indicates the data contents (WMA/MP3/WAV/WMV) on the internal hard drive and stores it in SDRAM. It accesses only the HDD every few minutes (may differ depending on the bitrate of the content), reads the data, and accumulates in the SDRAM. When the HDD is not accessed, the HDD is down to power. However, when playing the music of WAV files to the HDD is still operated on because of the large amount of data.
    - To turn the device of "harmonic" consume a normal battery and faster.

The hard disk stores information that the user is going to entrust in a fragmented way, so that when read it and pass it back to track the disc has different parts to find the fragments of information and bring them together. To avoid this extra work to disk function exists 'defrag' your hard drive. It is' Start / Programs / Accessories / System Tools / Disk Defragmenter. " This action will bring together the pieces and stored so far as their logical order. When we have little RAM, the processor has to work faster and hotter, so you have to enter the fray fan. It also makes extensive use of virtual memory (hard disk) that spends more energy than the RAM. It is best to install as much memory as possible.

My advice is to always use the power supply. From time to time, unplug it (I take it on the couch or bed) for a short time (say 30 min)

Occasionally, the discharge of the battery in your MacBook Pro - once a month should be sufficient. Run it to shutdown or sleep outs. Then when the battery is exhausted, connecting your MacBook Pro to recharge.

The calibration is recommended, of course, whenever you get the feeling that the indicated battery life has nothing to do with the actual correct value. Every six to ten weeks, a calibration is certainly useful. so that the battery is fully discharged really. Otherwise, the calibration fails. If the battery is fully discharged once the unit is turned off so completely, and there a few hours to make more out of nothing. To note that you should store batteries not fully discharged, refers rather then on a monthly periods.

Also, a lithium-ion battery low heat. And that's difficult when you consider how hot a laptop if you work for a while while the laptop on lap. Your laptop is actually the greatest threat to the life of the lithium-ion battery. One way to maximize the life of your laptop battery is also to extend the battery from the laptop when you remove the electrical outlet is working. This not only prevents the battery unnecessarily hot, but also prevents the batteries 'fatigue' of the constant recharge the laptop.

My advise is Optimize power saving features provided by the operating system