Thread: HTC rhyme comes with the old Android market app

HTC rhyme comes with the old Android market app

Hi guys I have recently bought this phone and really like the specs of the phone very much this is really a nice phone and I am actually adore it except the one thing that I really don’t like about this phone I checked it everywhere and found no progress to this so I thought to take you people help now the problem is that my phone for some reason has the older Android market now I don’t think that would be a problem but I don’t understand this as the phone has came new in the market and it been a while that new Android market app has been released can anyone here can help me to solve this problem . how can I now get the new Android market on this phone can anyone assist me on that I would be glad thanks

Re: HTC rhyme comes with the old Android market app

May be they want us to update this app when we actually buy the phone perhaps your phone is not updated to the new market yet what I suggest that you connect to the internet and open the apps and leave it open for a some minutes may be it update itself

Even I have the same problem I have tried everything and it is not updating itself in any case . I kept my phone on 3G for whole day but somehow it is not showing any updated message on my phone infact I even tried the Wi-Fi but still no result . I don’t think this Is the phone fault guess they did not made the new market app that would compatible with this phone does any one has any idea regarding this I would be really glad to know this thanks

I have purchase this phone for my wife and while seeing the it noticed it still uses the previous android market, now she wants it to running the foremost up to this version of android obtainable to her phone and for that i have tried going into the market and updating all applications and then progressing to the home screen in hopes the market would self update.

So is that the Rhyme simply supposed to use the previous android market or has it simply not been released for the Rhyme , or is there something I doing incorrectly with the update process?

Thanks in advance!

It is just an app similar to any other app so it is easy to update it now I don’t have HTC rhyme but maybe this will work just open up Market plus tab the Menu in there choose My Apps locate it in the list. choose it and select the auto update option . I did not try it but I hope this should supposed to work and you will get the latest Android market app

Doesn’t look like the HTC shipped Rhyme with the old market purposely. for what I feel the phone is a bit less in the performance it is not a powerhouse, so I'm certain the latest market will hold up and will work slow completely lagging so to keep the "quality performance" this phone is aiming for they are having the old Android market .

Thanks for the reply I really glad to know this but it is not helping me much I tried to get in the market settings but I was unable to locate any of the option to have a new Android market app update. Really guys this is frustrating is there someone who has this phone and already been updated to the latest android market I really want to know what is to be done for having this thanks ?

Hey guys I was just planning to buy this phone and was checking the specs of the phone on line and bumped in to this thread this is really interesting that such a new phone and yet it is not coming with the latest android market . so what I want to know is what is this all buzz about does this affect the phone if it don’t have the latest Android marker app in the phone . I have never used any android phone before so I was hoping id anyone here can tell how is going to affect the phone performance

Quote Originally Posted by Kommana View Post
    Hey guys I was just planning to buy this phone and was checking the specs of the phone on line and bumped in to this thread this is really interesting that such a new phone and yet it is not coming with the latest android market . so what I want to know is what is this all buzz about does this affect the phone if it don’t have the latest Android marker app in the phone . I have never used any android phone before so I was hoping id anyone here can tell how is going to affect the phone performance
    I don’t think this will going to have some harm on the phone performance and if it so this HTC would already provided with the latest version of android market with the phone after all they have to be maintain their reputation in the market , all this here been discussing is to people wanted to keep is phone up to date that it not more

Just go to the browser in your phone and click this link and before that just be certain you go to

• Menu
    • Settings
    • Applications

Over there you select Unknown Sources. Then open the web browser on the handset and click to this link . it will download after that install the new market to your handset please post back the result

idea Re: HTC rhyme comes with the old Android market app

Quote Originally Posted by Bhaisora View Post
    Hi guys I have recently bought this phone and really like the specs of the phone very much this is really a nice phone and I am actually adore it except the one thing that I really don’t like about this phone I checked it everywhere and found no progress to this so I thought to take you people help now the problem is that my phone for some reason has the older Android market now I don’t think that would be a problem but I don’t understand this as the phone has came new in the market and it been a while that new Android market app has been released can anyone here can help me to solve this problem . how can I now get the new Android market on this phone can anyone assist me on that I would be glad thanks
    [B][COLOR="Teal"]Hi, I also have the HTC Rhyme with VZW. I wanted the new market . This is what I did and it is perfect. Goto this link Click where it says Download: Market.apk and it will take you to a new page or tab. it gives you the download. Make sure you do this from your phones browser and also make sure you have the allow download from outside sources enabled in your settings so it takes the download. The phone will prompt and take you through the steps. When it asks if you want to replace the system app say yes. I know I put alot of steps but it is actually very easy. The hard part was finding the download which I have done for you. All you need to do is download it. And enjoy