Thread: Webcam not working in Sony Vaio SA laptop

Webcam not working in Sony Vaio SA laptop

I am running Windows XP on my Sony Vaio SA laptop and from last few weeks i am having some problem with my webcam which is disconnecting itself if I am doing a video chat. But after pressing the video chat button again, it will start to work normally. Now from yesterday the webcam will disconnect completely and when I check in the Device Manager then it show "Unknow Device" next to webcam. I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling Webcam Companion software but that doesnt fix this issue? So can anyone tell me how do I solve this issue? Thanks

Re: Webcam not working in Sony Vaio SA laptop

Did you try to uninstall the Webcam Companion software from your laptop and didnt reinstall it again ang then checked if you are facing the same problem? Also, if there is any other software like ArcSoft then uninstall it as well. I was facing an issue with the latter software where it corrupted the proper color balance on my computer screen and after removing it, the problem got solved for me.

Re: Webcam not working in Sony Vaio SA laptop

Have you made in changes in your laptop recently? You have to be logged on as an administrator to uninstall and reinstall the driver for the webcam from the device manager. Just go Device manager and then search in the list of usb device or imaging device for the webcam, right click on it and then click on Uninstall. After that restart your computer and it will reinstall your webcam device back again in your laptop.

Even I am using the same Sony laptop and if I am trying to do a webcam with my friend then the image looks very black and white and I cannot see anything clearly. I have also tried to change the settings but it didnt work. I was reading on the net for a solution and found that this is caused by Windows updates and I should try to do a system restore to get it fixed but that didnt help either. So if anyone have some other solution then please tell me. Thanks