Thread: Some questions about WDTV Live Metadata

Some questions about WDTV Live Metadata

I have recently purchased a WDTV Live with wifi and I am having some question and they are as followed:
    • I am having the settings to download the Metadata but then I have not found any option to download it, so I just wanted to know can we download it or not?
    • I have seen stars and hearts so I think that there might be some options to add files to the favorite and it has been stated in the manual as well, so I wanted to know how to add files to the favorite?

Re: Some questions about WDTV Live Metadata

I have recently purchased a WDTV Live with wifi and I am having some question and they are as followed:

* I am having the settings to download the Metadata but then I have not found any option to download it, so I just wanted to know can we download it or not?
    * I have seen stars and hearts so I think that there might be some options to add files to the favorite and it has been stated in the manual as well, so I wanted to know how to add files to the favorite?

I think I can help you for the fits question, actually the Metadata is being generated for USB storage currently and there is some limitation to it as well, I will also like to add that it is not available for nas as it is just a MEDIA LIBRARY functionality by now.If you want to try some trick then you can just use a zero-length file on your USB and give it a name as that of the file on the nas and then just put the USB on the Live and after its process is done then you can connect the usb drive to the computer and then copy the XML and JPGs over to your NAS and after that just discard the zero length file and see what you get. This solution has worked for some but then not for me. If you want then you can try the same and see if you are able to get the trick right. Best of luck.

Yes even I had tried the above tick but then it did not worked for me either but then it had worked for my friend, maybe he had a luck and so and as far as adding the file to the favourite is concerned then I will like to inform you that it is only available for the usb and not for the NAS but then I think that this function will be available for the NAS soon.

Even I am having a question and it is that I am using a wireless N only network with the help of the Apple Time Capsule but then the problem here is that the WDTV is not getting recognized even though I have set it to wideband and has WPA2 security, I am really not having an idea about the same but then I have read the manual and I have found that the setup that I have made should work well for the WDTV, Is there anyone who is having an idea about the same???

Even I am having a question and it is that I am using a wireless N only network with the help of the Apple Time Capsule but then the problem here is that the WDTV is not getting recognized even though I have set it to wideband and has WPA2 security, I am really not having an idea about the same but then I have read the manual and I have found that the setup that I have made should work well for the WDTV, Is there anyone who is having an idea about the same???

I will like to share that the N-adapter in the WDTV is 2.4Ghz single-band only so it won’t work with the setup you have made, hope you got my point?

Hey thanks to you all for the quick answer but the I did not understood the trick, first of all I did not understood what you meant by the zero length file and the other thing I understood form the further explanation is that, I just have to connect the USB drive from my main server computer to the WDTV and then wait for some times to complete whatever process it does and then remove it and then connect it to the main computer and share the file over the network as usual, is that you wanted to say or I am getting it wrong??

Hey if you want to get more help in order to download the metadata and so then you can just refer to this.