Thread: How to change thermal paste in dell Studio XPS 1645

How to change thermal paste in dell Studio XPS 1645

HI, i have dell Studio XPS 1645 laptop and in which i have already installed this thermal material on the processor. But still it seems like it needs to be change once again, because i am not getting the cooling is expected. Please let me know how can i change it, any suggestion will be appreciated.

Re: How to change thermal paste in dell Studio XPS 1645

See i have mentioned the way thorough which you can replace the thermal compound. But still it is always recommended like if you are not aware about the same then you should not do this on your own because it may cause severe damage in your machine.

• First of all you have to simply open the case from enclosing all the screws and after that Wipe off previously applied TIM on the heatspreader with a soft, dry cloth or simply by an tissue. And while you get out the processor, Be careful not to touch the gold contacts at the bottom of the CPU.

• After wiping out the previously applied paste Install the processor in the socket.

• Remove the syringe from the protective plastic covering.

• See if you are using the Syringe then Open the tip of the syringe by twisting off cap and and if you are using the Pillow Pack Cut the package on the dotted black line.

• Now gently you have to inject the thermal grease from the syringe to the center of the Integrated Heat Spreader surface and in case of that pillow pack Push/dispense the thermal material from the package to the center of the processor surface.

• And after sometime join/attach all the parts once again in the machine and you are completed with the process.

See I would like to recommend you that you should try to visit the LINK I have mentioned so that you can have better idea about spreading thermal compound material on the processor.

By the way who told you to change the thermal compound material from the processor? Because see there is always a specified, time and only after that you should change the material from the laptop.

Because see it is always depends upon the heat generates in the machine, because as far as i know you have to change the material only after 2 to 3 months only, and if so then its ok if you are changing the material in your machine.

Hey thanks for the suggestion, but i think i must to have to approach any good engineer for this because i am not that good aware with the laptop architecture. Anyways thanks for the suggestions once again.

Hey thanks for the suggestion, but i think i must to have to approach any good engineer for this because i am not that good aware with the laptop architecture. Anyways thanks for the suggestions once again.
    Well, you are right, as it would be better if you approach a good engineer as well, but still it would be far much better if you simply visit the service center and have some better sort of solution. Because see if your machine is still in the warranty period then obviously you can have all the services are free of service thus simply you don’t have to pay for any services.