Thread: How can i replace dell XPS M1530 screen?

How can i replace dell XPS M1530 screen?

HI, I dell XPS M1530 laptop but in that i am having various problem with the screen and that’s why i am about to replace it, so is there anybody having idea about how can i do that? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: How can i replace dell XPS M1530 screen?

Do you know which screens you can fit with your laptop? Because see you should first try to make out which screen you can use with the laptop and after that only under expertise circumstances proceed ahead.

well, i have mentioned all the steps perfectly for doing this, but still i would like to recommend you that you should do this only if you are aware about the internal assembly.

First of all you need various tools for the same, as mentioned below:

• Small Philips screw driver

• Tweezers

• Needle nose pliers

• Utility knife

• Wood or plastic chopstick

STEPS :

1. First you should start with enclosing the screws from the laptop, and for that i would suggest you that you should Use some containers to store screws in as there are 6 different kinds of screws available.

2. turn over the unit and remove the battery. Remove the brass colored screws you’ll find underneath the battery.

3. Now eliminate the two cover plates on the left and lower middle section.

4. Now turn over the part over right side up. To take the plastic control cover off you require to bend the screen back as far as it will go, then quietly pull up on the control cover from the far side. It is only held down by a few plastic tabs so be cautious. I found starting at the top left side and working my way down and across to the right worked most excellent. Also note there is a thin band cable connected to the bottom of the cover, so you cannot lift it right off. You require to turn over the cover over and disconnect the cable prior to you can eliminate it entirely from the assembly.

after that eliminate the hinge covers. They come off extremely effortlessly by just pulling the left cover to the left and the right cover to the right.

5. Now you have to eradicate the keyboard. Pretty straight forward with just two screws but be careful as there is a ribbon cable underneath that’s attached to it.

Just the once the keyboard is off you can observe all the cables and how they are routed. Make note and study this it will serve you well.

6. Now we require to get underneath the device again to eliminate the mini card cables. Close the units gently and carefully flip it over. On my M1530 I just required to pull the black and white wires up for the WLAN mini card and then route all the wires you observe here through the hole they are coming from to the other side.
    7. Along with this there is one far left & one right screw at the top that’s also require to come out at the present.

8. flippant the screen back as far as it will go once more. eliminate two screws holding the display assembly to the main assembly.

9. cautiously eliminate the connectors for the display and camera cables. Now you can remove these cables along with the mini card cables from their routing. formerly you do this you should have the main assembly and display assembly in two separate parts.

10. Eliminate the bezel on the display assembly. Just make use of your fingers to snoop up the bezel from the inside. The bezel is held on with plastic tabs and it comes off pretty easily. Just be careful as usual.

Now eliminate the 6 screws holding the screen down to the assembly.

11. Now you’ll be able to remove the LCD panel. Now hold the panel on its side so you can eliminate the screws holding the brackets on the sides of the panel. It would be better if you simply note how the brackets are situated so you know which side is up while you put them on the new LCD panel.

12. eliminate the display panel cable on the back of the LCD. There’s a piece of clear plastic tape holding it on where it connects at the top. Remove the tape carefully and save it so you can secure the cable on the new panel the same way. The cable is also glued down near the bottom with some low tack glue. Just pry it up carefully. Now disconnect it from the top and bottom connections.

13. Once you finished with this you have to do the same thing in reverse in order to bond all the part once again.

Hey thanks for the guide that you have mentioned as i have done all the things perfectly, and would like to recommend you that it would be better to visit the service center if the warranty period is remaining. and along with that it would be always goof if your take a note of each and every steps you do. So that you can simply have idea about the same thing while attaching once again.

I would like to recommend you that you should try to download the user manual from here so that you can have better idea about the product and you can do this thing on your own as well.

along with that you should also get this service manual as well, this will also help you getting better solution for the same.

See though the above mentioned procedure is perfectly OK but still i would like to recommend you that it would be better if you simply visit the service center and see what they are saying because see i think if there could be any minor problem in the machine then it will be repaired somehow but still if suppose there is some problem that needs to replace the screen so in that case as well you’ll get proper solution from there only. I mean to say you can have another screen as a replacement. And the benefit over here would be like you’ll get the original product rather than any duplicate.

I am also agree with you because the thing is like when i was searching about the same at that time only i came to know that doing all such thing on our own can void the warranty isn’t it? And that’s why i am also planning to visit the service center. Anyways thanks for the suggestion.