Thread: Dell XPS 15 and Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230

Dell XPS 15 and Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230

when i connect to the Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 at that time i get that connection works great until my laptop goes to sleep and wakes up. and i noticed that the connection is really running very slow. and also when i am trying to ping my gateway I notice alot of delay from 200ms to 3000ms and request time out but if I go near the router it becomes fine. i am thinking that problem is relate with the router but the connection works normally when I turn on my laptop, why this is happening to me?? please suggest me some way for resolving that problem.

Re: Dell XPS 15 and Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230

OK if you are getting this type of the problem then for that i will suggets you to try with the uninstalling the drivers and do not save settings. and after this when it picks it up again in device manager click delete driver by right clicking and tick the delete box. after doing this all, try with the downlaoding the drivers from here:::

• Uninstall the drivers and and do not save settings, then when it picks it up again in device manager click delete driver by right clicking and tick the delete box.
    • Finally install the drivers from here

Bluetooth

Wireless
    • and then install this to your syetem i am sure that after this all you will not get any type of the problem.

YEs, i was also having this type of the problem and have tried with the so many other suggestion for this but no works for me. i tried with the above suggestion and this really works for me. thanks for the suggestion. after this i also tested it without the BT on 4.1 and it works fine. for the thread poster also i will say to try with the suggestion which are given above, i am sure that you will also not get the problem with this.

can you here please reply me back that what speed do you get when you use your wireless??? and also reply me back what WLAN card do you have?? i am asking this all because for doing thi all things I use the cable and with this i get 24mbits, and also when i use WLAN at that time i get 2-5. reply me back for this all.

Ok for that things i will say here that this all depends on the server and time of day. i am telling this all because I usually max out my 50Mbps connection and with this really i don't really trust speedtest. and also here i would like to say that if you are running on 2.4ghz, you have selected 40mhz in the device manager configuration. i am telling this all because i am also having the Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230, and when i selected the Auto but the problem still exists. and also when i try the same things with my years old laptop beside me reaches 11Mbps easily. cn you here tell me that what speed you get?? and also before this all, make sure that you are only using AES for encryption and check the router is set to 300Mpbs.

Hey thanks for telling me this all things. i tried with this all, and still g et that Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 is not working for me. but thanks for suggesting me about this, any other suggestion for this??

i think that you need to try with the above steps again, this is because i was also having Dell XPS 15 and was also facing the same problem as you. i tried with the all the above suggestion and there i get that this is now working very fine for me. if you are getting some problem over here than try with the above suggestion again, i am sure that this time you will not face this problem again.