Thread: USB 3.0 with DEll XPS L502x

USB 3.0 with DEll XPS L502x

I am having DEll XPS L502x and i am really very happy to have a great machine like this. and recently i have bought the new Western Digital USB 3.0 external 1 TB hard drive for this notebook, but really i am not happy with this. this is because I tried to transfer some music the transfer speed only went up to 30 MB/s at the highest. why this is givving so slow speed?? can here anyone tell me that why this is happening to me?? please reply me back for this,. i am telling this all because my old USB 2.0 drives get around 25 MB/s with my old laptop. can here anyone one help me in this case??

Re: USB 3.0 with DEll XPS L502x

i am not sure that DEll XPS L502x supports the USB 3.0, and also this may be the reason that you are getting this problem wiht your DEll XPS L502x. i am not sure because i am also having the same problem and with this, and also i am having exact hard drive and it does support 3.0. hope that someone will here will help us

Hava you tried with the reporting this issue with the Western Digital??? if not then try to report them i am sure that they wil help you in this case.

yes, i have also tried with repoting this issue to the Western Digital concerning that issue but still they not responds for me. and for making sure about this thing, i hvae also tried with the checking the drivers for this and there i get that i am having the proper drivers for that. what to do now?? now i am thinking for using the updated version of the drivers for that. i am not sure that this will work for me or not but at least i can try with this in the hope that this will help me.

since you are getting that type of the problem then for that i will tel you that Unless Dell has started to use non-Intel USB controllers in their laptops to that time you wil not get the USB 3.0 support in their products, and i am very sure about this. and also according to my information Intel has yet to release a USB 3.0 USB controller in their Southbridges. if Dell will start doing this thinsg then at that time you will not get this type of the problem again.

I dont think that they will do that things. and in your case, i am sure that this is driver problem. have you tried with the reinstalling the driver for your new Hard drive?? if not then try with this, i am sure that after tryign with this you will not get this problem again. i am very sure about this because new XPS 15 and XPS 17 are equipped with USB 3.0 ports. and also wiht the help of this, Dell uses Renesas/NEC USB 3.0 Host Controllers. yes, i know here that this is a bit obvious but i guess you are using USB 3 cables. if after trying with this all also you get the same problem then at that time try with the using the third party controller to handle it and reply me back here after tryign with this. i am telling this all things here because i am also having the same problem and for resolving this i have also tried with the getting the suggestion from the other forums but still i am not getting any suggestion this. hope that someone here wil reply me also for resolvable the problem.

Yeah!!! i tried with that and i get that now i get answer about my question. thanks for telling me about this Loin . if i will get any other question about this then i will reply here back.