Thread: Best compatible Wifi Card for the Dell Xps 15 for download speeds and gaming

Best compatible Wifi Card for the Dell Xps 15 for download speeds and gaming

Hi guys
    I have recently bought this Dell Xps 15 laptop and this is one of the best laptop that I have ever know now I am planning to but the buy Wifi Card for this laptop that is compatible with it and this best for download speeds and online gaming I was thinking for the Intel Centrino Advanced N 6230 which has dual band 2x2 adapter and delivers up to 300 Mbps bandwidth. But I don’t know whether it is compatible with the dell XPS 15 is there anyone here who can suggest me anything on this I would be really glad to know this or is there any other Wifi Card thanks

Re: Best compatible Wifi Card for the Dell Xps 15 for download speeds and gaming

If you ask me I in fact don’t like this 6230. This have the larger number of connection issue , and newer drivers have made pretty better than this , I yet have to compared to other computer in my house. Perhaps it’s for now very well I've really been looking for a high-quality substitute card with Bluetooth, although have not got one yet.

Re: Best compatible Wifi Card for the Dell Xps 15 for download speeds and gaming

Got the same problem with the Bluetooth combo cards don’t know what is the matter with them but is there anyone who can find me the perfect Wifi Card does Intel N6205 work on this

Even I am also have the same question .My previous M11Xwhich had a 5300 mini , , double the output, plus fewer delay ,as well as NO connection breaking . I hear the latest Intel I think it's 6300 series will receiving fine reviews, not certain although regarding accessibility or compatibility to the dell XPs 15 for that matter. as well the Killer 1103 that is currently my M14X is or I must say experience 10 times quicker, that's what counts to me is real world. Not so a lot benchmarking. No Bluetooth still.

My experience with the 6230 was better with dell XPS-17 I've had as for 6 month now . I make use of wireless completely, moreover my laptop is on about 5-6 hours a in whole day. The connection is stable, and throughput is respectable by means of a D-link DIR 655 router. I was shocked a few weeks ago while I put up Windows Media Center. It'll take every HD recordings on the share on my DVR box, and they play with no a problem. Just have on issue is that it get the card a while to reinstate the wireless link with the laptop that is wakes from sleep. perhaps just 20 seconds, although it look as if like extra.

Hey even I am also gave some issue with this as I use the 6230 wit my dell laptop I am using BIOS A13, however I did not updated the Wifi driver from the time when I put up the Windows 7 though it is yet l on whatever I downloaded of Dell I never make use of Bluetooth, so I stop the Bluetooth adapter on the Network Adapters listing, plus Bluetooth Device that is Personal area network as well as Bluetooth Device that is RFCOMM Protocol TDI is the in Device Manager.

With the Intel Centrino Advanced N 6230 on my Dell Xps 15 I never had any kind of issue with it so I suggest you should go for it that is the better option for you right now in fact No troubles with it the 6230. I make use of together the Wi-Fi plus Bluetooth at the same time.

I won’t agree with this point speed will be differ, I do not have any kind of have Wi-Fi issues previous however after some months ago had a problem , I had the 3700 net gear dual band, it’s an astonishing router, be the highest computer most excellent router . but the problem was in spite of an m11x by means of a 5300 no problems plus M14X with killer 1103,incredible how ever I had the ,set back on 6250.although anyhow I observe on here a lot of people have problem but I have heard thee dell was given them USB wireless sticks unless they solve the problem , then some of others has a great performance with 6230. Very hard for you to choose

I have the Intel Centrino Advanced N 6230 and it play generally bad . I might have this delays perhaps on one occasion in a week. lastly subsequent to dying from one, I just had ran a few Ethernet to where I game as well as performance that was really awesome . You be able to acquire a few pretty long cable for cheap, plus in normal colors so you be capable of run it by the side of the baseboard of your walls without t standing out that much.

Yeah you are correct when I was trying to connected to my colleague apple express router for iTunes all the way through the stereo, and my despicable 2wire AT&T give me for the DSL operational in bridged mode. So 6230 for gaming by no mean defeat the Ethernet, however its more often than not that critical if it’s a irritating to run.

Hey guys I am sorry but can anyone here is able to tell me that is the Killer card well-suited with the Dell XPS 15? I really wanted to know this as I am planning to buy on and after reading this thread I am bit confused out of it