Thread: Dell XPS 15-L502X fan spins every 5 minutes

Dell XPS 15-L502X fan spins every 5 minutes

Purchased a brand new Dell XPS 15-L502X. while booting and running it for the first time i have noticed a strange problem. About 5 min time interval the Fan starts spinning and spins up to 30 seconds and then dead. Power setting is "Balanced" and there is no hard noise from fan. Is it normal. IS there any app or anything for XPS to control FAN?

Re: Dell XPS 15-L502X fan spins every 5 minutes

Should be preferred slower processor than to start the fan automatically and also lower the% CPU. To do this:
    • Click the battery icon
    • Choose alternative power
    • Click Change plan settings
    • Click Change advanced power settings
    • Click on power management processor
    • Strategy cooling system => must be put on liabilities (for 2 lines)
    • Maximum processor state => decrease the%, you can put 70% or 50% (if you do surfing), after rather will select "high performance" when are you going to launch more intensive programs (games, photoshop etc ...)

Luckily There is I8kfanGUI, a program where you could control the fan manually. My laptop has become little more hot. In the rarest cases, the times all the way up, holding yourself playing it within bounds. Many users have reported their problem after just 3 years has given up the ghost, but my runs now for almost 5 years without any problem. I think this is because my fan always at least on the lowest level, and were thus not lasting heat were delivered.

I will not be very accurate because it is a little dated now, but I had exactly the same problem late last year.
    Following an update of the graphics card driver provided by Windows Update, when the new driver installed, the fan started to turn back.

I would not say aloud, only the cooling fan keeps the temperature every 5-10 minutes back down, which then rises ceaselessly, etc. The fan is indeed tolerable, but clearly audible. With a permanent light running fan which runs at the lowest speed from start would be the noise in my opinion much more pleasant.

I know that is normal. That handset between the processor and video card heats up enough (having high performance) and it is normal that the fan will continue to do so. At the very most from bios to look for the "duty cycle" and "temp control" and set them differently so maybe they run forever (thus avoid the continuous on-off).

I just had the same problem after a windows update SHIFT, the fan started to turn back all the time unbearable! I just installed the program I8kfanGUI and clicking on "automatic temperature control" everything is back to normal.