Thread: Dell Studio XPS 1640 Throttling

Dell Studio XPS 1640 Throttling

I would like to thrust the performance of Dell Studio XPS 1640 to more than it has now. Yes, i want to perform Throttling. Would like to know how much load the GPU and CPU can hold. Can anyone advise me proper instructions and necessary things to keep in mind. I am looking forward to use this laptop mainly for gaming and for this purpose it is necessary to boost the performance.

Re: Dell Studio XPS 1640 Throttling

Thermal throttling means, the component slows down for hte intetnion of to prevent overheating. This is a feature that is exist in almost each and every one newer CPUs. Throttling does not sound good for me. But because the part is very hot right now, you hear the fans run at maximum speed. The laptop which you are currently holding is usually running hot due to i7 processor, thus preventing thermal throttling would not surprise me.

My Dell Studio XPS 1640 showing a massive performance Reduction After Reaching 80 Celsius (A Known problem for this model) Where the CPU throttles back by Reducing STIs to the minimum multiplier + clock using wave modulation (Idle time for the CPU)

However, if it is hardly a component, which had previously also been installed. The CPU throttling down only when the temps are too high. Purely in terms of performance it should not lie on the CPU, especially since you gamble up to medium. Rather would probably limit the GPU. Measuring times your temps during gaming, and record this.

You'd think the Dell even learn something. But it also seems to be a pure temperature problem. So it would have a strong external notebook cooler remedy in connection with the stronger power supply. Now has an updated BIOS. It is to be loaded at this point. Some users had reported previously kept falling over clocked CPUs and graphics units, which significantly slow down the notebook. The difficulties were apparently triggered by a faulty fan control. The cooling system is vital in notebooks just at warmer temperatures. Have proven to be special pads that emit cold air from the bottom of the bottom case.