Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Video format compatibility of WD2Go apps on Ipad and Iphone

Portable Devices

Old 03-12-2011

Video format compatibility of WD2Go apps on Ipad and Iphone

HI, i am using iphone and have ipad as well, but in the Iphone i had downloaded the player called WD2go and everything were doing perfectly, but after installing the application in the phone I didn't succeeded to stream any video of my My Book Live ? and the worst thing was like i was not even not able to get it what could be the problem over here. Is there anybody having same problem with this application please let me know what could be the problem? Is that because of the video format?

Old 03-12-2011

Re: Video format compatibility of WD2Go apps on Ipad and Iphone

No i donít think it could be because of the video format because as far as i know the application that you have downloaded has very good compatibility with the videos. Thus i can surely say that there could be some problem with either internet connection or with the application or with the phone that you have. In fact it is quite difficult to figure what could be the problem as you are not able to stream any videos in your phone so it would be better if you simply mentioned the whole thing more precisely.
Old 03-12-2011

i have the same opinion as the above user, anyways have you tried reinstalling the application once again in the phone? if not then you should do that first.
Old 03-12-2011

Quote:
No i donít think it could be because of the video format because as far as i know the application that you have downloaded has very good compatibility with the videos. Thus i can surely say that there could be some problem with either internet connection or with the application or with the phone that you have. In fact it is quite difficult to figure what could be the problem as you are not able to stream any videos in your phone so it would be better if you simply mentioned the whole thing more precisely.
I donít know how could you said this as the application has very good compatibility with almost all the video formats but still in fact i am also having the same problem with the application as i can only play mp4 files and when it comes to the avi movies, they show up with exclamation mark.
Old 03-12-2011

i can only play .mov and .mp4 video format in the phone, thus i can say that it shouldnít be some problem with the phone rather there could be some problem with the application itself, and if this is not a problem then it could be some limitation with the application.
Old 03-12-2011

Quote:
i can only play .mov and .mp4 video format in the phone, thus i can say that it shouldnít be some problem with the phone rather there could be some problem with the application itself, and if this is not a problem then it could be some limitation with the application.
See i am completely disagreed with you guys, because you should know that the applications will only stream in whatever native video format your Mobile device supports and in case of Android whatever Media Application supports. Thus If you want to stream an AVI, it would have to be transcoded on the fly to the Application and which is not achievable at this time. You will require to correctly transcode it to the format the iPad supports and for that you can make use of any converter as i make use of Xilisoft software to do my format conversions. Other free stuff is out there such as Handbrake.
Old 04-12-2011

As you have mentioned like you have tried playing the videos on the Iphone but still i am not sure with the Ipone but For iPad only i would like to recommend you to make use of Buzz Player HD. As this application will stream and play most any movie format. Can't remember what it costs at the application store, but you may find the application on other website as well, and might be for free of cost.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , , , ,