Thread: How to use the G button in LG optimus black to lock screen or as camera button

How to use the G button in LG optimus black to lock screen or as camera button

As I’m using the optimus black smartphone and I must say the features of the this smartphone is just best in its range. But when going through the function of the phone one of my friend told me that it is possible to use G button as the camera button and as well you can turn off the phone using the G button, but want to know how is it possible to do. so can anyone here guide me how it is done as I desperate to know it.

Re: How to use the G button in LG optimus black to lock screen or as camera button

Yeh…even I have heard the same thing but want to know how is it done. As I know it can be done but want to know the precise procedure for this.

Re: How to use the G button in LG optimus black to lock screen or as camera button

I have done this in my phone and to do it in your phone here are the steps:-

1) Before doing this in your phone you should have the root partition
    2) question is "TWL4030_Keypad.kl", it's in /system/usr/keylayout/
    3) I must say that take the backup before you make changes in the phone
    4) Now open the text editor
    5) After opening it go to the 3rd line from the down and can you see "key 95 GESTURE"
    6) Now to use the G button as the camera button then change it to the "key 95 CAMERA WAKE_DROPPED"
    7) And if you want to use power/lock button instead of using the camera button then change it to "key 95 POWER WAKE_DROPPED"
    8) Now after changing the settings save it and restart the phone and you can see that G button can be used as camera button or power button.

I have done with the following steps and I must say that the steps worked for me but one thing I have noticed is that using the G button I’m able to turn off the phone but when I go to turn ON the phone, it is not able to turn ON. So want to know why is it not able to turn on the phone. So do you have idea about this?

I tried doing the following but what I found out is that the power and lock button are functioning well but when I try to go with camera it is not able to capture the camera. So I want to know why this is happening as this procedure worked fine with my friend.

I tried doing the following but what I found out is that the power and lock button are functioning well but when I try to go with camera it is not able to capture the camera. So I want to know why this is happening as this procedure worked fine with my friend.
    For this I must say that after doing the following changes did you reboot the phone as this happens when you forget to reboot the phone after the changes. So if you are not able to use the camera by the G button after the following changes I must say that you should try again the same procedure and should see whether the G button works or not.

I tried to change the settings through rooting and changed G button to the camera button but when I tried going back to the default settings it shows me the error. I am not getting how can I save back the default setting in the phone.

Here are the following things I did with

1) Change to "key 95 CAMERA WAKE_DROPPED"

2) And when trying with default setting I changed back to '' key 95 GESTURE '' but it shows me error.

If you are getting error while going back to the default settings I must say that you should give the folder permission to R/W. and you can do this with the ES file manager app but to do this you need to enable "Mount File System as writable" in the settings. As I done this and was successful in getting back the default settings.