Thread: How to install new theme in WDTV Live

How to install new theme in WDTV Live

I have recently bought and I have not used any WDTV products before so I am not having much idea about the same so I just wanted to know how to install new theme in WDTV Live? I will also like to share that I have downloaded some themes form the Live Hub threads but the problem here is that the new unit has no built-in hard drive. I have also tried to use a USB drive and when I came across a wdtv folder then I just created a subdirectory naming theme and no when I am going in to the User Interface Themes then it is just showing the default themes and I am not getting a way to switch to the usb drive. Is there anyone who has a complete idea about this and can help me out as well. Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: How to install new theme in WDTV Live

I have recently bought and I have not used any WDTV products before so I am not having much idea about the same so I just wanted to know how to install new theme in WDTV Live? I will also like to share that I have downloaded some themes form the Live Hub threads but the problem here is that the new unit has no built-in hard drive. I have also tried to use a USB drive and when I came across a wdtv folder then I just created a subdirectory naming theme and no when I am going in to the User Interface Themes then it is just showing the default themes and I am not getting a way to switch to the usb drive. Is there anyone who has a complete idea about this and can help me out as well. Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.
    As far as i know you will not be able to import or switch to the theme by the web-based ui until they are made according to the wdtv live specifications and i will also like to add that it is not necessary that it will be having ".theme" file as specified in the theme documentation, i mean that a .theme file is basically a simple zip file and its extension can be changed as well. hope you are getting my point.

I am really thankful to you for sharing this with me but then can you just help me in finding a .theme files, I have tried to use the url that is given ion the manual but then I have found that the url is broken and I don’t think that it is of any use. I have also read in the manual that there are a no of themes that can be accessed from the user interface but then they have only mentioned the default ones. I don’t know where to get the themes that are listed in the Hub forums and the last thing that I wanted to know is that is it possible to use them as a .theme file? I think that the answer is not but then I just wanted to confirm it out. Any further help will be appreciated.

I don’t think that you can really do that because it won’t accept the .theme file but then I think that the .zip can work, I am not very sure about it. I had tried doing the same previously and I had found that the Mojo theme was 39 MB zipped and when I was trying to upload the same then I was getting a error message saying that the Attached file size over the limit'. I have not tried out for a smaller one but I guess it will work out so just try it out and see if it does and then let me know as well.

Hey I have tried doing the same but then when I am entering the a zip file which was about 17 MB then it is just displaying “please wait…” and nothing is happening further and I have got the same result for the mojo theme and the adonized theme as well. I am just getting stuck at the please wait message and I have actually waited for 30 mins to see if it is making any difference but then it is just staying like that. I am not even getting any kind of message that you have received. I really wish that there might have been a perfect manual for the same.

Even I have faced the same message saying that "Attached file size over the limit, Please try again." So I just wanted to know that is there anyone who has gone a one step further and have updated a theme as well because I have tried to do the same and I have not got any luck by now. Whenever I am trying to login via the web interface & upload a zip file which is having a theme than I am getting welcomed with the same message again and again. I have tried to login through the directory from my mac but then I am not actually getting a way out of it. Any further help for this will be appreciated.

Even I am looking for a manual in order to download, transfer and then install a theme but then have not got any success. I just wanted to share that I have downloaded the Aeonish theme but then the problem here is that it is sitting as a .rar file on my mac. Later when I tried to un-rar it and then use it then I got h4 separate .rar folders and a readme and now I am not able to un-rar the new folders. I have also tried to use a memory stick for the same but then the WDTV is not able to find any content out of it. I really need a effective workaround so if anyone finds it out then please share it with us as well and it will be highly appreciated.

Is there anyone who has found a solution to get rid of please wait????? Will I be able to install a new theme or not??