Thread: Unable to use WIFI in LG optimus black P970 with nova 08 kernel

Unable to use WIFI in LG optimus black P970 with nova 08 kernel

I have currently installed nova 08 kernel in the phone but because of that i am not able to use the IWFI through the phone, have you guys ever been through any such issue ever with the kernel i have mentioned? Please let me know some of the solution if there is any.

Re: Unable to use WIFI in LG optimus black P970 with nova 08 kernel

I don't have such a problem with nova v8. But the same thing was happening with the older version that’s with v7, no luck even with airplane or rebooting so I must re-flash the Rom. Thus after that i have installed nova 9 and is working perfectly.

I think there could be some problem with the firmware installed in the phone thus i would like to recommend you that you should try to reset the firmware of the phone and see whether you are getting any such problem or not.

Because one was also getting the same problem as after installing this kernel, but after some googling regarding the same i came to know that there were some problem with the firmware installed in the phone thus after resetting everything were working perfectly.

Assuming as you must be aware about the process but still let me aware you as you should proceed only after making backup of important data from the phone or else you’ll not get the data again once wiped out.

Sometimes this happens to me too - but not all the time. To be more precisely: it only happens when I already had a WiFi connection and try to disale WiFi - then it gots stuck and says error in the connection settings. Sometimes it helps when I go to airplane mode and back to normal, but not every time. It also seems to me that it happens less often when I disable UMTS/3G before I enable WiFi and disable WiFi before I leave the WiFi area.

I think you should try to reinstall the whole firmware once again in your phone and see whether you are getting any problem or not.

Exactly you are right as the kernel that you have installed in the phone seems quite buggy thus i would like to recommend you that you should update it to the latest version that to nova 09. As i have tried this newer one and since today it's functioning. I have almost tried each and every version of this kernel and among then i found nova 07 to the more stable versions and after nova 8 was with too many bug and another one that the one i have recommended you nova 09, seems to be better.

See it is always recommended to make use of the Rom which is actually comes with the phone rather than any other because see I have tried almost every but still couldn’t ever gotten such stability with the ROM’s thus i have just quitted using such ROM’s and use the one which i have gotten with the phone, thus would like to suggest you the same thing.