Thread: How to install android 2.3 gingerbread in LG optimus black P970

How to install android 2.3 gingerbread in LG optimus black P970

HI, i have a phone that’s LG optimus black P970 and in which currently android froyo is running but still i would like to install the newer one that’s the android 2.3 gingerbread. U am not sure how can i install that, is there anybody over here have installed this OS in the phone? please let me know how can i do that? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Re: How to install android 2.3 gingerbread in LG optimus black P970

I don’t know where you stay but still let me aware about the same as if suppose you are in korea then you may have to wait as the update is not released yet, except CM7.

See i would like to make you aware about the whole firmware updating process so you can simply choose the one you are convenient with, this can install the newer firmware with two different way, one is through the PC and another one is through the OTA update.

In the OTA update you don’t have to have the firmware update or the software installed in the PC as you can simply update the firmware from the phone itself, the only thing that you have to have is the internet connection active in the phone and there you go.

And another technique is through the PC, here you have to install the software in your PC and connect the phone to the PC and just follow the instructions that comes in to view while you connect the phone. as far my personal recommendation is concerned i would always recommend one thing to all the people as you should update the firmware through the PC only.

I don’t know where you stay but still let me aware about the same as if suppose you are in korea then you may have to wait as the update is not released yet, except CM7.
    Yeah i know the firmware update is not released yet for the phone but still i was thinking to been updated so that once the software gets released i could be the first to get that update.

And another technique is through the PC, here you have to install the software in your PC and connect the phone to the PC and just follow the instructions that comes in to view while you connect the phone. as far my personal recommendation is concerned i would always recommend one thing to all the people as you should update the firmware through the PC only.
    As you have mentioned like you always used to prefer update through the PC only, will you please let me know why? Is there any particular reason for the same? and really thanks for the above suggestion.

as far as firmware update is concern i would like to suggest you that you should try to visit the service center and let those people do this updating process for your phone.

Though i am using another phone but i use to do the same thing whenever i get any update for the phone.