Thread: How do I remove preloaded bookmarks on LG Optimus Black

How do I remove preloaded bookmarks on LG Optimus Black

I’m using the LG optimus black phone and i use it for surfing internet and playing games on it. Android 2.3 gingerbread presents on it. I have never being great fan of the bookmarks toolbar in any browser I use. hence i need to remove the existing bookmarks of this mobile browser. Do you also encounter this problem? How do i delete bookmarks from the browser? Anyone knows how this can be done? Thanks.

Re: How do I remove preloaded bookmarks on LG Optimus Black

You can try below mentioned process on your mobile phone. The insturctions that help you is being as follows:
    • Go to /data/data/com.android.browser/databases/ with the help of Root Explorer
    • click on browser.db
    • It show you bookmarks on the browser database table. replace it from "1" to "0".
    • That's it.

It works to help you tto remove all the inbuilt bookmarks of the browser. Use common delete bookmak to do this task.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaganvihari View Post
    You can try below mentioned process on your mobile phone. The insturctions that help you is being as follows:
    • Go to /data/data/com.android.browser/databases/ with the help of Root Explorer
    • click on browser.db
    • It show you bookmarks on the browser database table. replace it from "1" to "0".
    • That's it.

It works to help you tto remove all the inbuilt bookmarks of the browser. Use common delete bookmak to do this task.
    You can't delete bookmarks unless you root. Yes, there is necessary to do rooting task on your mobile phone. after successfully rooting your mobile phone, you can perform this delete bookmarks process on your mobile phone browser. try this without rooting process. i am sure that it wasn't make any problem.

The advantage of rooting is total control over your phone. hence there is necessary to do this rooting task on your mobile phone. then only gingerbread allows you to perform this removing bookmarks on this mobile browser. In case you own an Optimus Black and were waiting for root, run root file on your Gingerbread mobile phone. this will be work to finish your rooting process in proper manner. then only you can try to do this removing bookmarks task on this mobile browser.

You can try simple process on your phone before doing this process. try to follow below mentioned instructions. it might be help to perform task and avoid this rooting task on it.
    1. First go to browser and select Menu.
    2. Choose bookmarks that you want to delete.
    3. hit on bookmark and click delete option. this will be work to remove your unwanted bookmark for this browser.

In many such mobile browser, the carrier-installed bookmarks coems to be protected, and there is not any such Delete option presents on it. Ypou definitely need rooting process to make changes on setup folder of the browser.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahalingam View Post
    In many such mobile browser, the carrier-installed bookmarks coems to be protected, and there is not any such Delete option presents on it. Ypou definitely need rooting process to make changes on setup folder of the browser.
    You can also use Bookmark Manager to perform this task. This Bookmark Manager applications presents on android market and it will be work to perform your removing default bookmark on this smartphone. It is an open source tool for managing your bookmarks and fully supports Firefox, IE, Chrome,Opera, Safari, and more. Use the bookmark manager to organize your bookmarks and folders. this is best for your mobile browser and i'm sure that it gives more benefits on your mobile phone. try this and check what things arrives on it.

Same problem arrives on my mobile phone. i try to do removing bookmark through browser database but it goes failure. If I delete the browser.db file the browser makes a new one with the preinstalled bookmarks. then i perform rooting task on it and then i try the same process on it. finally i was able to fix this complex issue. thansk for your valuable reply.

I try this process, but They come back on every reboot! finally i decided to perform restoring setting to its default stage on this mobile phone. i try this and in result i was foudn that the result comes in positive manner. now i have set my own choise bookmarks on it. hence you can also try this and check its valuable result on your mobile browser. i hope that it fix your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by robot.txt View Post
    I try this process, but They come back on every reboot! finally i decided to perform restoring setting to its default stage on this mobile phone. i try this and in result i was foudn that the result comes in positive manner. now i have set my own choise bookmarks on it. hence you can also try this and check its valuable result on your mobile browser. i hope that it fix your problem.
    The same troubles arrives on my system. I'm an Android noob and the bookmarks toolbar was annoying. then read its complete process on manual of the mobile phone. this will be work and i apply it to mobile phone. finally i got my result in proper format. you can also try this on your system. this will be work to fix your complex issue.

Everyone, Thanks for your suggestions. I try such type of solutions on my mobile phone and it will be work to fix such kind of complex issue on my mobile phone. now my gingerbread phone works well with this mobile browser. any one facing such issue, can also try this solution. it will be helpful to them.