Thread: Ice cream sandwich update for LG Optimus Black

Ice cream sandwich update for LG Optimus Black

HI, i am planning to buy this LG optimus black for myself, but still i was just confused about the updates for the firmware and that’s why just though to confirmed it first. So as the title implies, is there anybody know whether the phone will get this update or not? Because i personally believe as if suppose the phone does get this update so according to me the phone is not that worth buying, what do you think guys ? any suggestion will be appreciated.

Re: Ice cream sandwich update for LG Optimus Black

that’s quite good as you are conscious about the operating system as well, btu still let me tell you as there numerous another factors on which you can have a glance rather than this one, because apart from OS as well we should consider other parts as well. So in my personal opinion though the phone doesn’t comprises any such operating system updation but still i would like to recommed you that you should get the phone.

And also let me tell you like this is just a matter of time, i mean to say the update is not declared yet but you might get it afterwards.

No, i don’t think the phone could get this update as it comes up with the froyo installed and still striving for getting the gingerbread update which is also about to been older.

No, i don’t think the phone could get this update as it comes up with the froyo installed and still striving for getting the gingerbread update which is also about to been older.
    Exactly this is the only thing which is making me confused as well, like though the phone comprises very good hardware but still it is not getting the gingerbread update, so how could we expect the latest one?

I am also not that sure about this thing but still when i was looking at the hardware specification of the phone that mentioned below:

OS Android OS, v2.2 (Froyo), upgradable to v2.3

Chipset TI OMAP 3630

CPU 1 GHz Cortex-A8

GPU PowerVR SGX530

I was wondering as the device should get this update, because according to me the phone comprises very good hardware specification but still if you have a glance over its operating system then you can have some doubts as it comprises froyo which is far much older.

you can have idea over here, like you should try to contact the LG service center for the same and see what they are saying about this.

And at the extent to i know they could give you the précised information regarding the same rather than any other sources.