Thread: Samsung Focus S Earbud controller fault

Samsung Focus S Earbud controller fault

hi guys I have recently bought this phone and really like the specs on the phone however I am bit disappointed with the accessory that is available with the phone and the major disappointment is with the Earbud the controller is actually not doing what it suppose to do like with the play button control on the earbuds? I be able to manage the volume, moreover if I keep on pressed the other button down I be able to do voice control, however I unable to change/ skip tracks, etc which I was able to do on my earlier Samsung Focus is there anyone else having the same problem with their phone or is it my earbud has broken

Re: Samsung Focus S Earbud controller fault

This is really ridiculous even I did tried the beats headphones on my Samsung Focus S and while using it controller I also had the same result I don’t understand such a great phone but this small things actually a bummer I was just hoping that I would have the great phoning experience on the WP but now I am have to rethink about this

I am not sure this will work but see if the controller works after the display is off mine Samsung focus was working perfectly fine with the controller headset but after I did mango Update it also started to give the similar problem that you are mentioning at the moment

Nothing is working on the phone as far as the Earbud controller is concerned I have tried all things like checking it at the time the display went off, with the music player running on the background every possible stuff have checked but noting is working these all function was perfectly working on my previous focus bit not with this focus s even new headset is doing the same this it is the hard ware problem that what I think

This didn’t work for me also but as soon as I switched to my old Focus remote it began to work I have no idea how it seems like it working now I hope this would not be the temporary measure

Quote Originally Posted by DaminiAMD View Post
    This didn’t work for me also but as soon as I switched to my old Focus remote it began to work I have no idea how it seems like it working now I hope this would not be the temporary measure
    This really odd as my issue was a bit device specific and the stock focus s remote, , as well as beats remote the entire stuff is working well with my focus, however some how it is failing to work with the Samsung focus s. and by the way what I mean is controller should control the pause functionality ,play functionality and tracks change/ skip functionality .

I had the same problem and after some research I have found that I am able to pause and play music with the focus s remote but not continuously this bring me to the conclusion that maybe I got the a broken device , or else it has faulty jack design and if you see carefully on the jack hole of the focus s, it has a strange oval shape, and fraction of the plug is showing. Though I am not a technician and I have no idea if this is the cause this problem but being a incredulous consumer, I believe it may.

Quote Originally Posted by DaminiAMD View Post
    I am sorry I have wrong on what I have said Focus remote is not working , better than the Focus S earphones however yet not consistent. I like to say when I was traveling back to home I plugged my Focus S headphones on to my old iPhone and it was working perfectly fine without any issue . I used it for an hour or so, pausing and playing back and forth time and again a . It doesn’t transform volume however I was not expecting that

That not good man, in my life I was disappointed that my device isn’t faulty but it build that way , I thought I would be replacing it with the new working piece but it look as if it is the design problem I actually adore this phone but this problem made me to hate this phone all the time while listening the music I ahev to remove my phone out of the pocket and do it manually that really annoying I presume I have to go for the HTC Titan asap , whenever at&t think to releasing it.

Really man this is a turn off all I can do is hoping that this would be a software problem and it will be fixed on the next update for Samsung Focus S

I am also hoping for the same thing . I actually adore the samoled display, however except Samsung addresses this I have no option but to go for the HTC Titan. Thought I think this will not be fixed on and kind of software update.