Thread: Screen capture app for LG Optimus black CM7

Screen capture app for LG Optimus black CM7

Somewhere i have heard and read that you have only one way to capture screen in CM7 and that is even with DDMS, is that true? I used screenshot by the use of NOVA but got nothing but a black image. It looks like very simple but i think that cannot be done easily or not at all.

Re: Screen capture app for LG Optimus black CM7

Unfortunately, this key combination does with CM7, since the APP "screen capture" is missing in RoM. The stock version of this app is not compatible with CM7. One must, as has been written by "w3m_", switch to an external app to create screen shots of the display.

I have recently read in another forum that the app Screen Capture now with other androids than Samsung. This app works without root privileges.

Android remains the case, so incomprehensible when one knows the opening of the system provides no function or application to make screenshot easy, one click, without moving his rooter because the only way to do it is a manipulation reserved for insiders, nerds or the tray 5.
    A change in Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread source code made capable to create apps allowing us to capture the screenshot. You need to wait for a little longer wait for the update unless it has already its root device and is ready to receive new version of Android.

First For screenshots you need root access to your phone and then there's this app for Screen Capture on Android market which you can download and install easily. Second For the SMS app, I would recommend you GO SMS. The app also provides pop-ups and you can also install themes, so that it looks like on the Iphone. Screenshot is partly without root. But is device dependent. Therefore, I can only guess, thinning times the market. With the SDK, there is definitely no root. So I always do. Disadvantage: You need a PC and the installation is not for everyone. In the "Screeshot with PC-version", you can also use MyPhoneExplorer very well. Goes without root and is easy to use.

I discovered another new application for Android to make screenshots very easily. It's called PicMe is available on the android market, and is super simple to use and very convenient for people like me who regularly need to make some catches. PicMe once installed, is launching a web server on the phone. By entering the address given by local PicMe in the browser of your computer that is on the same wifi network, you instantly get a picture of what yaa the screen of your phone. There is more than right click -> "Save as" and you have your screenshot. A live mode also allows controlling the phone click and see the image change depending on how you use your phone. It can achieve a few videos for example, if you have a software screencast on hand.

If you are equipped with eclipse and Android SDK is very simple, just:
    • To connect your phone to the USB port of your computer.
    • To have enabled the debug mode in the settings of your phone and go to the DDMS perspective of your Eclipse.

To install Eclipse + Android SDK and be able to develop on Android and / or make screenshots of your phone

InsertCoin has nothing to do with CM7. Baadnwz used for one of its ROM versions only the HBOOT with the partition layout of CM7.

I just did not know that at the Gingerbread is already here.