Thread: LG Optimus Black unable to detect Micro SD card

LG Optimus Black unable to detect Micro SD card

I am using LG Optimus Black mobile phone and I have also buy 2GB micro SD card. Now when I insert the SD card in my mobile phone and then I when I start the mobile phone at that time it doesn’t detect my SD card. Please tell me at should I do to solve this issue. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: LG Optimus Black unable to detect Micro SD card

According to me you should first check whether you should first you have to turn off the mobile phone and then you have to remove the SD card from your LG Optimus Black mobile phone and after removing the SD card from your LG Optimus Black mobile phone you have to insert the SD card again and then you have to start the mobile phone again and then check whether your mobile phone is detecting the SD card or not?

I will suggest you to remove the SD card and then insert it in the memory card reader and after that you have to insert the card reader in to your computer and then you have to format the SD card and after formatting the card you have to remove the card and then insert the SD card in your LG Optimus Black mobile phone and after inserting the SD card in your mobile you have to check whether your mobile phone is detecting the card or not. as far as I know after doing this your LG Optimus Black mobile phone will detect your SD card.

Try this solution and after that check whether your problem gets solved or not. if you need any more information then let me know.

Yes I will also give you suggestion to format the SD card and then try it in to your LG Optimus Black mobile phone. You have to make sure that when you format the SD card at that time you select FAT32 type. Now after formatting the SD card if your device detect the SD card detects it properly then you should format the SD card again from the LG Optimus Black mobile phone also and then your problem will get solved.

If you have already tried the above solution and after that also if you are facing the problem then you should remove SD card from your LG Optimus Black mobile phone and after removing the SD card you have to insert the SD card in other device and after inserting the SD card in other device you have to check whether your card detected by another device or not. if your SD card works properly with other device then problem is with the LG Optimus Black mobile phone and if same problem occurs with the other device then there might be something wrong with the SD card.

I hope this information will be helpful for you.

It looks like there might be problem with your LG Optimus Black mobile phone and you should try to solve this problem by resetting your LG Optimus Black mobile phone. Many times by resetting the mobile phone also this type of problem can get solved easily. You should reset your LG Optimus Black mobile phone ad after resetting the device you have to check whether your SD card is working properly with your device or not.

To reset the LG Optimus Black mobile phone you have to follow this steps.

• First you have to go the Home screen in your LG Optimus Black mobile phone.
    • After that you have to select Menu.
    • Now you need to select Settings.
    • Now tap on the Privacy.
    • Select the Factory Data Reset.
    • Choose Reset Phone.
    • Now it will prompt for password
    • You have to enter the password and then select on Erase everything.

I have tried to solve this problem by formatting the SD card with the FAT 32 but my card reader was not able to read the SD card. Now after that I have tried my SD card with other device and with other device also I was getting the same problem with the SD card.

Now please tell me how to fix this issue?

There is nothing wrong with your LG Optimus Black mobile phone but problem is with your SD card because you have mentioned that with other device also your SD card is giving you the same problem. you should return your SD card to the retailer from where you have bought this and also tell him about the problem which you are facing and then ask him for replacement of the card.

As you have said I have return the SD card to the retailer and after that I have tell him about the problem which I was facing in my LG Optimus Black mobile phone and then he checked my SD card and find it was faulty then he replaced the SD card.