Thread: Samsung Focus S unable to connect in-browser authentication hotspots

Samsung Focus S unable to connect in-browser authentication hotspots

Hi guys I have a bit problem with me my phone Samsung Focus s I am a student and my school has recently deploy the unsecured Wi-Fi hotspot with in-browser authentication now I am able to connect and stay connected for a while however after that if I stop using it for a while I am unable to reconnect it if I try to wake it up once more it unable to connect I don’t know what is wrong with this and this is really odd that even when I try to make a Wi-Fi connection trough the MacBook through Internet Sharing it’s still won’t I don’t know what is wrong with it every time I have to restart the mobile to get it connect on the internet again is there anyone who can help me to solve this problem or can even confirm is this a bug I would be really glad to know this thanks in advance

Re: Samsung Focus S unable to connect in-browser authentication hotspots

I have the same problem here and this is really strange the only way I get it connected back is trough the soft reset and it sometime really annoys me to do this about 4 to 5 time in a day . yesterday I even formatted my device but this problem still exist in fact my brother Samsung focus has the same problem I think this is actually a bug please guys help us to get rid of this problem I would be really appreciating any help thanks

I don’t know why this is happening with you but I think if you delete the internet history will solve your problem that is the only way I can see to get rid of this problem hopes this will work

Hey there is few thing that I would like to know to solve this issue form you Is that
    1. Did you notice any kind of error message while connecting the hotspots or else it just connect but don’t work?
    2. This might be sound stupid but did you have cookies enabled?

Please give me answer to this then only I would be able to help you cheers

Thanks for all the reply Of course I will definitely give you answer to this actually after a sometime it shows me an error which says unable to connect.

And yeah have enabled the cookies hope this is enough for you

This look like a bug to me on the Samsung focus S and I am certain about this no doubt I mean as you said if it is allowing to connect but not working . I first though it would be cookies or history files but no I guess it would be a bug if Wi-Fi won't connect at all. I think you should be get in touch with the calling support

Thanks man yeah I think you are correct this look like not a common problem its specific issue

I will definitely call the customer support but before that I will ask our campus IT person see if they wil able to do something and I'll be sure to email Microsoft regarding the problem.