Thread: LG Optimus Black Battery overheating

LG Optimus Black Battery overheating

Yesterday i was talking too much with my girlfriend. At that time I felt my phone heat up. There was nothing more than talk. I wasn't even browsing, or playing games, music or videos, streaming nothing at all. I don't know for what reason it heated up that much. So i took out the battery and let it cool itself. After few hours i put it back and turn on the phone. At that time i noticed that there was only 7% charge. The battery was drained itself. I was scared and i didn't put it charge since then because i don't want to ruin my phone. i will send it for replacement as soon as possible.

Re: LG Optimus Black Battery overheating

The phones that are affected will drain the battery unusually fast, for example, going from 14 to 5 percent of energy in just 10 minutes. The problem seems to occur due to an application is in use. Potentially it may be related to firmware or management of data connections. A solution is to restore the phone Wi-Fi connection.

The backgrounds greatly influence the consumption of battery. Just look at the occupation of the processor without and with a live background, you immediately notice the difference. Android is well done and the background, weighs (like everything on Android) only when it is actually visible in the foreground. It is obvious, however, that the background has a nice weight on consumption if you use one live. Even the colors of the background can affect positively / negatively on consumption, light colors or white have a higher consumption of dark colors of red and black.

Exactly the problem I had last night. Had to restart the cell phone only because it simply did not want to cool down.

The app was running in the background until the battery was empty after 30 minutes and the phone has restarted itself. After rebooting the cable, the process was completed and then again everything OK. The problem is preventable and repeatable.

My observation on the matter are the following:
    • The problem does not occur if you start with for example 20% remaining battery load (at 2% or so, it almost always occurs)
    • The problem with the hanging / battery indicator is wrong
    • A pure restart does not help
    • The problem occurs when phone is off
    • However, it is always extremely annoying. I hope for the update.

The battery indicator on the LG seems defective - the drivers are really bad and show to what is often wrong! If the problem can certaily have to accumulate it to look at - suffers in the long run, the processor and the battery is often times went hot!

I have heard that this kind of issues mostly happens with the Original ROM. But you dont need to worry about that. First of all you need to check into your phone properly. Make sure that none of the apps running on your phone's background. Otherwise some of the process stuck or might be in loop condition. For all these issues the better option is to make use of the Task killer. It will help you to kill unwanted apps and processes running in your background.

Definitely not normal - maybe you have WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS all in? Have you ever seen even if the phone loses much juice when you're in airplane mode? Secure your whole data set once, then returned it and see what happens. If it still holds only a few hours, then what will probably be broken.

Optimus got the speed for 2 weeks now and I have real problems with the battery. In my case the battery is empty very fast, he holds a maximum of 2-3 hours Average user when I hear about 10 minutes of music are about 10-15% of the battery away, as if I am on the internet either via wifi or mobile network surf after a few minutes away from the 10-20% battery. Even if I play for example with the phone the battery is very hot (55-60 degrees)
    Have you tried the Hard REset? Also try the following apps also:
    1. Battery Calibration
    2. Battery Widget
    3. Titanium Backup
    4. JuiceDefender