Thread: Sony Vaio Z with SIM card

Sony Vaio Z with SIM card

i bought this Sony Vaio Z laptop and most intresting in this laptop is that it comes with the SIM card slot. i want to use this slot for 3G connectivity purpose. I want to use 3G connection on my laptop. Can anybody help me to do this task in easiest way. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Re: Sony Vaio Z with SIM card

I read one articles yesterday and that one share some things about it. SOny VPC-Z's are sold with built in WWAN and hence there is not such kind of slot presents on this laptop. but when i read another article it mention another thoughts about it. It describes that the sim card slot is bsing present on it but can't help to do any connectivity task. This is very restricted facility of the laptop. Only manufacturer will be clear more things about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasuke Uchiha View Post
    I read one articles yesterday and that one share some things about it. SOny VPC-Z's are sold with built in WWAN and hence there is not such kind of slot presents on this laptop. but when i read another article it mention another thoughts about it. It describes that the sim card slot is bsing present on it but can't help to do any connectivity task. This is very restricted facility of the laptop. Only manufacturer will be clear more things about it.
    The same laptop i used in last one month and must want to share expeerience here. i found this card slot on below the battery of the laptop. Then i insert my sim card on it. But surprisingly, i didn't able to use this card on my laptop. i try to found any software that works to detect this sim card but can't found any thing on this sony vaio z laptop. If you found please share it here.

ALL VAIO Z's with a 3G are unlocked and are artificially locked. you can use webtogo software on it. this software on your laptop helps to do this local 3G network connectivity with an best manner. Hence try to install this software on your laptop and then insert sim card on it. It might be work in your situations. Try this and check what things happen on it.

When i try to contact the sony sevrice center they help me to do this connectivity. Now I have a 3G-enabled international SIM card that also works on At&t network. All are working great on this laptop system without any issue. you can also get this facility on your laptop with the help of sony expert person. try to contact them.