Thread: Can I use Samsung Transform Ultra as a WIFI tablet ?

Can I use Samsung Transform Ultra as a WIFI tablet ?

HI, I am planning to have this device for myself but when I went for purchasing it yesterday at that time I came to know that the device is available with the contract with any network operator and that’s why I was just confused thus just postponed the purchase. and wanted to ask you guys as whether it is possible to make use of the phone as a WIFI only, not use a cell phone? Another thing is like I'm typically near wifi, so I don't desire to pay for a data plan and don't mind carrying around my old "dumb phone" too. I'd love an android device for games, note taking, and video playing though but quite lesser using as a phone.. so please let me know Is this possible? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Re: Can I use Samsung Transform Ultra as a WIFI tablet ?

Yeah off course you can do this but still there are unlocked phones are also available so why you wanted to have such phone with a contract? Still as far as you query is concerned I would like to tell you that you can simply use the device without making use of any data plans as well.

- Yeah off course you can do this but still there are unlocked phones are also available so why you wanted to have such phone with a contract? Still as far as you query is concerned I would like to tell you that you can simply use the device without making use of any data plans as well.
    I am completely agree with the above user as you can do this, but will you let us know what is the actual usage of yours? Because see there are so many other phones that you can have instead of this. And I can also recommend you the better one if you mentioned the usage of you. In other words let me know what you want to do exactly with the phone.

You don’t have to have any data plan activated in your mobile in order to make use of the phone just as a WIFI rather you can do this thing without inserting the card as well.

But in my opinion having a mobile with locked network is not that worth rather It would be better if you get the SIM free mobile. No doubt if you get the Locked phone as well, but what if you then decide to use it as a phone? Then you must have to use the phone with those mentioned plans.

yes you can connect to WIFI and make use of the phone almost like usual devoid of activating it. you can obtain WIFI SMS applications and WIFI talk applications as well. and almost all other applications will work well without a activated data service as mentioned by the above user.

I've been doing this for months as I have comprised the time i spent with the prevail. it would just act like the itouch is to the iphone. I have all the similar rather identical capabilities as if it was activated except I’m using wifi.

it is a great mp3 and movie player I would say, in fact if you make use of the device then you’llalso feel the same thing. And if you keep airplane mode on you can save a lot of battery while still working with wifi.

Yeah off course you can do this but still there are unlocked phones are also available so why you wanted to have such phone with a contract? But still as far as you query is concerned I would like to tell you that you can simply use the device without making use of any data plans as well.
    So guys you mean to say is it possible to make use of the phone without inserting the SIM card as well? Because see I haven’t eve used the phone this way but still can assume as the device will prompt for inserting the SIM. Anyways after seeing all such comments I am quite happy to see as the device can be used as a WIFI device only and not as a phone.

So guys you mean to say is it possible to make use of the phone without inserting the SIM card as well? Because see I haven’t eve used the phone this way but still can assume as the device will prompt for inserting the SIM. Anyways after seeing all such comments I am quite happy to see as the device can be used as a WIFI device only and not as a phone.
    Though you have mentioned about the same but still I would say this is quite wired thing according to me because I have never ever seen anybody using the device this way. Because see as mentioned above like you can have the same device without the network plans as well so why to get the Locked phone, and then again working with the phone just for sake of WIFI? Really after seeing the post I was quite wonder. But still as far as my personally recommendation is concern I would like to recommend you that you should get the SIM free mobile so you won’t have