Thread: Not able to get activation code for WD Photos

Not able to get activation code for WD Photos

I have recently downloaded the WD Photos app for my android phone and I am also having updated firmware for my WD TV Hub and the problem that I am facing here is that when I am going in to the startup and when I reach the time where I should get the code after following the complete process then I get no result and I am dragged back to the "Add Mobile Device" screen again. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea to solve it out as well? Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Re: Not able to get activation code for WD Photos

I am having the exact issue, I mean that I have recently downloaded WD Photos app for my android 2.2 cell and when I am following the process of adding the device then in the end I am getting no result. I have downloaded the latest firmware as well but then I don’t think that it is making any difference. I have tried repeating the process several times but no matter what you do I am getting the same result every time. I am really running out of ideas now and I really need an effective solution to solve it out. Is anyone is having an solution for this issue then please share it will be highly appreciated.

I have recently downloaded the WD Photos app for my android phone and I am also having updated firmware for my WD TV Hub and the problem that I am facing here is that when I am going in to the startup and when I reach the time where I should get the code after following the complete process then I get no result and I am dragged back to the "Add Mobile Device" screen again. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea to solve it out as well? Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.
    I am having the same problem now, previously I was able to get it work without any problem. Actually I was trouble shooting and I had deleted my device from the list and now when I am trying to add the same then I am getting no result at the end. I have also tried to roll back to the previous version of the firmware that was working out for me but then now even it is not helping me out. I have also contacted the WD support for the same but then they had just suggested me to switch back to the old firmware which is not working out for me anymore. If you want then you can switch back to the old firmware and see if it is helping you out or not. Best of luck.

Hey guys I will like to share that I was having the same problem and I was having some more issues and I was not able to get code like you all but then I tried upgrading from a usb flash and after that when I started the process then I was able to get the codes properly and I was also able to add the device as well without any further problem. It is working fine as well, so if you all want then you can try the same and find out if it is working for you or not. Just check it out and then let me know if it helps.

Hey rolling back to the older firmware is not helping me out and I am still getting the no result for the activation code and I have also tried upgrading from a usb flash but then it is really not making any difference. I am really running out of ideas now, is there anything that I can try out to get the activation coder for the WD Photos app. Any further help will be appreciated.