Thread: Asus Transformer Prime, USB port not read an external DVD drive

Asus Transformer Prime, USB port not read an external DVD drive

How to connect the external DVD drive in the Asus Transformer Prime, because i have seen that it would support an external hard drive, but what about the external DVD drive??? if here anyone have the idea about this then please reply me back for that.

Re: Asus Transformer Prime, USB port not read an external DVD drive

Dude, i dont think that is possible. because for that i have not seen any this type of the feature for this tablet. and also here i will say that atleast not with the stock Transformer and maybe not even rooted. if here anyone have the idea about this then for that please reply me back also.

i am telling this things because i have seen that with this tablet, it is possible to connect external hard drive, and for that things only i am thinking that there will be also some steps way for connecting the external DVD drive. and for getting the information about this, i asked this question over here. yes, i would like to get this tablet but for playing my 500+ DVDs, i have ot get the laptop. let me tell you here that i am having netflix, but still with for this, i am not having wifi always for this. and i am searhcing for getting this features because i need the ability to play DVD. please tel me back if here anyone ahe the knowledge about this. and also thanks for telling me about the above suggestion for this.

For you, let me tell you here that this also can get connected with the external hard drive and also with the most of the standard external storage devices. if you are thinking for connecting the external DVD to it then for that i will tell you that you can also copy that DVD files to your computer and after that you can transfer this Videos to your Tablet. try with this i am sure that while trying with that you will not get the problem with this.

for this case, i will say you that this totally depends upon the drivers. this is because even an ASUS DVD player made for the Eee Netbooks won't work. i am not sure that if they are going to provide this type of the drivers for the new Asus Transformer Prime, if they are not going to do that then it will happens that this is not going to support for the External DVD drives. and also hope that any of the ROM developers have added this driver to their bundle yet to make any of these work. and also if they are not going for doing that things, at that time they will need to digitize the library of DVD's to .mp4 format and keep them on a 1TB drive than to carry around the equivalent DVD stack. what will you all say for this requirements??? please reply me back if here anyone agree with this.

YEs, i also agree with you that this will be very nice if they are going for providing the drivers for the External DVD drives. but i dont think that they are going to do for this all things. because, in the review of this tablet i have not seen this type of the features for this tablet. hope that in the future, they wil provide this features.

Dude, if you are thinking for using the External DVD only for watching some of your favorite movie then for that i will tell you that you can also try with transferring this all to your desktop, because you have a desktop with a proper DVD drive, and after that with the help of the external hard drive, take that all videos to your Tablet. no problem at all. and also here i will say that to have a quad core PC with 8 GB of RAM and a RAID 0 Caviar Black drive it will take less time than if you are having a Dual Core PC with 1 GB of RAM and an IDE drive.

Hey all thanks for telling me about this all things. i was just planning for buying the Asus Transformer Prime, and in the specification for this tablet i have not seen any type of the External DVD support for this tablet. thanks for telling me about that.

Yes, i am also having the same problem with Asus Transformer Prime, and for resolving the problem, i also tried with the all the suggestion over here, but after that still i get that this is not working for me. what can i do now??? please reply me some other suggestion for this.