Thread: Does Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime supports windows 8

Does Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime supports windows 8

HI guys, i am about to have this device for myself but still i was wondering as whether the device will support this newer windows 8 build or not? Because i have user 3 three tablets yet with the android OS, but still not again with this device as well, though i have heard that the device comprises android 4.0 Ice cream sandwich update. Anyways any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: Does Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime supports windows 8

I was also thinking about the same as it would be better if the device supports this newer operating system as well. But along with that was also thinking why not, when i seen the specification of the tablet it was quite good rather sufficient for supporting this newer OS !!

Ice cream sandwich is not that bad, because i have seen its UI on the Nexus on the videos and it seems far much better than its previous version that’s the android gingerbread. And though the device doesn’t support the mentioned OS but i am quite fascinated to have this device.

Though i am agree with the above user as it would be better if we have this OS installed in the tablet but still I can't see Asus allowing other OS’es to be installed through the boot loader by default.

Though i am agree with the above user as it would be better if we have this OS installed in the tablet but still I can't see Asus allowing other OS’es to be installed through the boot loader by default.

Exactly, but i also think there could so many other problems also associated with this concept. I mean to say if suppose we have installed this windows 8 then the next problem is getting drivers to work with the Tegra3 and other hardware on the Prime.
    Even though Windows 8 has a ARM build in the works , optimistically Windows includes some Tegra3 drivers by default or something to make things run easier on the device.

I would say, Notebooks running Windows 8 on ARM processors relatively than Intel or AMD x86 chips aren’t probable to strike the market until June 2013. As from one of the insider sources have suggested, indicating Microsoft’s Windows on ARM project will insulate significantly at the back the mainstream build. The platform itself is tipped to go public at the end of 2012, DigiTimes sources tell them, but with the primary hardware not scheduled until midway through the following year, broad adoption isn’t seen until 2014 at the earliest.

I would say, Notebooks running Windows 8 on ARM processors relatively than Intel or AMD x86 chips aren’t probable to strike the market until June 2013. As from one of the insider sources have suggested, indicating Microsoft’s Windows on ARM project will insulate significantly at the back the mainstream build. The platform itself is tipped to go public at the end of 2012, DigiTimes sources tell them, but with the primary hardware not scheduled until midway through the following year, broad adoption isn’t seen until 2014 at the earliest.
    I suppose it's all rumors anyway..! My viewpoint is like, we know they are examining windows 8 on tegra 2 and 3 tablets, both have been declared. Windows 8 will be in a state to liberate near the beginning of next year, and the tablet tech will be there...I consider it'll happen in 2012. I can't imagine they'd in truth let it take that long and drop all that market share.