Thread: HELPPPPP i can get my DVD/Cd Rom to work.

unsure HELPPPPP i can get my DVD/Cd Rom to work.

I have here a Compacq presario PC SR5707c 32-bit operating sys. with windows vista home premium. I recently came over to a family members to visit and the computer was messing up so i downloaded AVG an ran a scann and AVG found virus. I got ride of them so i thought but before i knew it the pictures were gone and some of the files, luckly i found them hidden and copied them on my usb but my question is..... I have tried doing a factory reset TWICE! And everythigs working correctly...i set up free nortan, a admin account and guest for her so she has more protection i even setup windows defender correctly but i cant get her DVD/CD Rom to work it wont read CDs or DVDs. I ran a hardwear diagnostics test and its the drivers so please help! i been updating the windows . i tried to uninstall the drivers for the DVD/CD but its still there what do i do? i need help please.. She doesnt have the recovery disk she lost them. so i cant reboot it i need sum advice im leaving back home out of state and i dont want to leave her computer like this

the driver is C:\windows\system32\drivers\Cdrom.sys???????? is this a trojan???
    Last edited by shygirluv; 29-11-2011 at 01:48 PM.

Re: HELPPPPP i can get my DVD/Cd Rom to work.

No that is not a trojan till your antivirus detects it. You just need to run fresh firmware update that's all. Right click on my computer > properties > look for device manager. Look for your CD/DVD driver. Right click on it and then uninstall. Reboot your system. Windows will detect the CD/DVD drive and install them. Then from below download firmware and run one by one each if you are not sure what is the actual model of your DVD drive.

HLDS GH40L DVD-R/RW drive firmware update
    HLDS GH15L Super Multi DVD(+/-)R/RW Drive firmware update
    TSST TS-H653Z Optical Drive Firmware Update