Thread: Toshiba helps to reverse Android 3.1 from 3.2 on Toshiba Thrive

Toshiba helps to reverse Android 3.1 from 3.2 on Toshiba Thrive

i buy this tablet PC in last week. because of few firmware issue i update its default firmware From Android 3.1 to Android 3.2 version. it happens nicely but it gives more problems compared to the previous version. It changed great tablet into useless tablet by disabling SD card function. i don't know what to do? then i contact Toshiba support site and they told me that Toshiba helps to perform reverse firmware version task on such highly configured tablet. why should this happen on such high configuration based tablet PC?? Should i do this downgrade process on this tablet or not?? thanks for any help.

Re: Toshiba helps to reverse Android 3.1 from 3.2 on Toshiba Thrive

Sometimes, this happens that customers are not properly do this Android OS updates. There are many new features in the update, which include better app compatibility and enhanced screen rotation acceleration. but sometimes this will be makes problem on tablet setting. hence sd card not able to work properly onto this tablet. we can simply try to do reboot task on it. might be possible that it fix such connectivity troubles easily. if not, then such downgrade tablet oc is being very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaganvihari View Post
    Sometimes, Google are indirectly responsible to ensure customers are not negatively impacted by OS updates. There are many new features in the update, which include better app compatibility and enhanced screen rotation acceleration. but sometimes this will be makes problem on tablet setting. hence sd card not able to work properly onto this tablet. we can simply try to do reboot task on it. might be possible that it fix such connectivity troubles easily. if not, then such downgrade tablet oc is being very helpful.
    If I understand, Android 3.2 will not able to fixed resolve the SD Card problem. hence if you need to receive SD card features on your tablet, perform downgrade OS task on it. It avoid any such kind of problem that un-compatible with the specific features. Try this and check its performance.

Quote Originally Posted by CassandraD View Post
    If I understand correctly 3.2 will not likely be fixed to resolve the SD Card problem. hence if you want to get SD card facility on your tab, surely you need to perform downgrade task on it. it avoid any such kind of task easily. try this and check its performance.
    few other disadvantage also present on this android 3.2 version with toshiba tablet. such as the Android Market Widgets and YouTube may disappear from the home screen as soon as the update is installed. also sometimes, auto-rotate screen feature not work properly. Hence i would be recommend to you for do this downgrade task on your toshiba thrive tablet pc. you can directly perform this task with the help of using online download and instalaltion facility. try this by appling proper step by step process. you can found such steps on such forums. Use it.

Few situations this happens with the android 3.2 firmware that the firmware made changes with the setting of the tablet pc or any other smartphone. in that situation we need to do major task onto it. we need to realize that why should this firmware gives problem. in such conditions, tech support has been helps for solving problem related to this issue. you need to immediately contact the nearest service center and try to fix such complex issues on your toshiba table.