Thread: Delay in receiving message after upgrading to the Gingerbread 2.3.3 on HTC Incredible S

Delay in receiving message after upgrading to the Gingerbread 2.3.3 on HTC Incredible S

This is one of the best phone I am using in the android platform as coming from the BlackBerry I am really very happy in term of using this phone and to be precise everything was working so will till today morning but after I did the latest updated on my phone Gingerbread 2.3.3 everything changes I cant find the a text message that I receive , it not only shows on my inbox I did everything but still I am unable to get any result if fact the other day I told my bro to sent me a message and which he did sitting right next to me I dint receive the message later after 30 min I got that message but it was showing the wrong time on it I mean it was shows the time he send me the message not the time I receive it this was not before but only after when I up graded to Gingerbread 2.3.3 does anyone else having this problem I would really like to know any solution to this thanks

Re: Delay in receiving message after upgrading to the Gingerbread 2.3.3 on HTC Incredible S

Same probme and it is really frustrating that I am unable to achieve the result Well , I even had switching my phone on and off several time but unsuccessful infarct I have clear the SMS data and the uninstalled my GoSMS app, sill no success . I can’t locate any actual answer for this awful trouble. if you do discover a answer kindly share it with us

Re: Delay in receiving message after upgrading to the Gingerbread 2.3.3 on HTC Incredible S

I dint receive the message later after 30 min I got that message but it was showing the wrong time on it I mean it was shows the time he send me the message not the time I receive it
    I think this would help you do refer here Wrong time showing for Incoming messages in HTC Incredible S you will definitely get the solution hop this would work

Thanks for the reply but it doesn’t look like the problem related to me what I am facing is because of the updating to the Gingerbread 2.3.3 and that is totally different issue discussing their however thanks for reply by the way I am having some more issue now the call is just dropping and now its start behaves weirdly display flickers along with "click" sound is there when bad reception.

This is really very annoying I have been getting messages from a half hour and hour after being sent, usually from people with whom I am about to meet or are at my side. And yes, it is only after the last update Gingerbread 2.3.3 . it is clear that the HTC has some issue and I can sure that this is not a network trouble . checke the same sim on the Nokia N8 and it was working perfectly work hope htc know what they will get with this

I might help you on this just follow this

Go to the
    1. Settings
    2. Wireless & Networks
    3. Mobile networks
    4. Network Mode.

Over there you will see GSM / WCDMA auto.

Just have to change it to GSM

I actually used it and mine is now working just fine please reply back the result

Hey this is great solution but I must tell you that if you do that this will make your phone set permanently to 2G and worth that slow internet on GPRS this will solve one problem but rise another problem I am also facing the same problem and at the moment I am installing new radio on my phone let see if that will make any difference

Had the same issue an when reported to the HTC service center the offered me Froyo version , but I have to leave my phone for about 7 days nat that is too long without phone I can afford this however this is the only solution for the to them so I I tried to do it by myself however they said that would invalid the guarantee.

I also did the same thing get in touch with HTC regarding a lot of problem ever since upgrade to 2.3 furthermore they admit that there were difficulty. ask for a a small number of days to arrange it out I believe everybody with HTC Incredible S moreover 2.3 is discovery that their handset is almost hopeless

Hey gusty I have a question I need to know the advantages and disadvantages of upgrade to Gingerbread 2.3. I thinks I should do that what do you people suggest please reply

I will rather pass this until the all problem on this update get fixed or else you will be facing the same problem like all the people here hope you understand