Thread: 4GB missing from HTC Incredible S 8GB

4GB missing from HTC Incredible S 8GB

I have bought the 8gb version of this phone but while using I have noticed that 4gb has been missing from it. AS it is a new phone I don’t know what was happened but it really looks strange to me. What could be the reason for this?

Re: 4GB missing from HTC Incredible S 8GB

It is always possible that a memory card is faulty. Advice, check this card "dumb" is valid by inserting it into a card reader to computer. If the computer can not read it you will have your answer. If the computer happens to read this format and then try again on your mobile phone.

During one of my development for Android, the need to read but also scan the memory card (SD card) the device was identified. A relatively simple action, which is done with a media player for example. Yet no function in Android does, so it's time to say: You can never be better served than by itself.

I use the Advanced Task Manager. Just available in the Android Market. Handy little program that you previously rotated programs throws the phone memory. Works very useful and makes your phone more quickly. In addition, it allows you to quickly uninstall programs. You can also terminate memory processes (though I never use)

By the use of A2SD moved all possible data to external memory, you can install applications almost unlimited but of course this also has its counterpart, the SD card life will be resent with subsequent deterioration and possible data corruption and often you will read the comparative speed between running an application from the internal memory or from the SD card as well as recommendations for this class is at least 6 to speed read / write is higher.

The truth is that in my case now use an 8GB Class 4 microSD and no performance differences but appreciate each must draw their own conclusions because in terms of free internal memory has so far peaked and new methods are emerging (Data2Ext, Data2Whatever, etc) as well as new partition formats (Btrfs) with those who seek to experience and get more space not only increase the speed of access and application performance and protect as far as possible the data.

A smartphone whose free space in the data partition is located at 20-25 MB chronic "flooding" at risk, because then not much more can be stored properly, no more logs. If you now take place once a few MB space to paddle freely (in which you are exceptionally clear the cache of the HTC) down going the device and it thereby save the logs can not surprise me that about you described behavior during start-up only conditionally.