Thread: Toshiba Satellite A305 restarts automatically

Toshiba Satellite A305 restarts automatically

I bought two laptops, one is Toshiba Satellite A305 and mother is Toshiba Satellite A205. Toshiba Satellite A205 is working without any problem but I don’t know that what is the problem with the Toshiba Satellite A305 as it keep on rebooting automatically. This is not when it is running on battery. This only occurs when I start this with the power cord connected to this. This is very weird and I can not guess that what is the problem with this. Is this just me who is having this problem or there are some other users who are having the same problem. I really need some help at this point of time. Please reply with some best suggestion for this problem.

Re: Toshiba Satellite A305 restarts automatically

This looks like, there is some problem with the voltage which is provided by the power cord. I have gone through such problem earlier and this was the only reason for this issue and so I guess that this is the same for you as well. You must check for this once to make it clear.

If you have bought this newly then the best thing that you can do for this is to go to the dealer from where you bought this and ask them about the same. They will tell you that what is the problem with this. If you think that they are not very helpful then you can directly contact to the manufacturer, that is Toshiba and tell them about the issue. I am sure that they will solve this problem easily.

I think that the charger which you are using with the laptop is having some issue with that and this is the reason that you are facing problem with this. So what you can do is, try with some other charger and see if you are getting the same result with that as well. If it shows you the same thing then there is some problem with the lap,top otherwise there is some issue with the charger and you must replace that if that is under warranty otherwise purchase a new one.

I know that there are very less chances for this but it could be because of the corrupted operating system. If you are not able to get this problem solved by any of the available solutions then you can try to reinstall the operating system and see if that is able to let the issue solve. I hope that you will be out of this problem soon.

This is some hardware issue and not the software, I think. It might be losing some connection when you connect the cord. So you can go to some computer repairing shop and they will solve this otherwise you can claim for the warranty.

I presume your laptop is out of warranty. The problem described by you is typical of a failing NEC/TOKIN Proadlizer Capacitor, which you need to get replaced. If you want to DIY then google "A200 random shutdown" and see how others have done so recently.