Thread: Wrong Memory Card info in HTC Incredible S

Wrong Memory Card info in HTC Incredible S

Got the HTC Incredible S from a famous network provider. After few days of usage I wanted to add some songs and videos on my 8GB memory card which came along with the phone itself. While looking at the free space, there is 1.5 GB left out of 8 GB. So I have deleted some of the contents from the phone but still the same. I think that either the memory card is faulty or memory information in mobile is faulty.

Re: Wrong Memory Card info in HTC Incredible S

It may be the contents of the card in app2sd. Android-secure folders are the folders before deleting best otherwise you can use the card on. But actually, an SD card in the Incredible S is included, in my case it was also 8 GB card

Today I ordered the Incredible S and am in anticipation. But now my question
    • If I remove the SD card from my Desire and the Incredible purely put, what will happen there?
    • Is that possible or should I format the card and then load all the files and new apps?

You buy a high end smartphone and after installing some apps ROM memory starts to be full. In this case i think HTC would do similar to the Samsung Galaxy S or iPhone, the ROM memory significantly expand to at least 4GB MB for new models. Apps2sd is a solution, but it is also a time, because the ROM memory is used anyway. You can not install apps indefinitely even if you put your apps on the sd card. Another solution is to keep your phone rooten and an ext partition to create your sd card and enter your apps to install.

You can rename the memory card with a registry editor (like Total Commander)

\ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ System \ StorageManager \ Profiles \ SDMemory \ Folder

A soft reset and it's good. As against this is not normal that it renames itself.

I just think it'll have you go into settings and do some cleaning. So settings / applications / manage applications at this level will appear your application will require two things, and do it manually for each application. Click the application (Android Market for example) and there you will see clear the cache, if the number is not zero just above you press "clear cache". You'll see also "move to the SD card", if the box is not grayed out, you click on it to move applications to the SD. These two operations will allow us to free up memory on your device.

The problem of the disappearing pictures I have with the Desire. The only solution so far SDrescan. As the name suggests, the app will force a new scan to the SD file to index new media. Maybe this also helps on the Incredible.

The truth is that only occurs to me that you try to flash your phone with another ROM, as if after an update and do not read any miroSD think that can only be two things, or has been updating and then with another ROM may be fixed, or is a hardware problem, i.e. a problem with the card reader is not working properly, so only you would go for service to get it repaired.

I had yesterday suddenly disconnected memory problems that I was very strange, I have blown him off smoothing and then again and then did it again.

I would say try it with another card or that card in another device or PC via a card reader to see if it still does.

It happened to me with my htc something incredible, I just had to reformat the memory from Windows, I recommend making a backup