Thread: Ipod won't RESTORE!

Ipod won't RESTORE!

Well, I own an iPod 2nd Generation! It's also jailbroken! And when i was going to reboot or respring the ipod it got stuck on that stupid apple logo! It has this little circle that's keeps on loading till the end of time! I know I should restore it but iTunes won't let me! I've tried so many methods I lost track! I've already tried the sleep and home button thing. I've tried restarting, i've tried upgrading and nothing happens! It just keeps saying "The iPod "iPod" could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build." I've been frustrated for the last few days and it's really getting on my nervs! Please! Please! Please! HELP!!!! (If it helps I jailbroke it with Spirit!)

Re: Ipod won't RESTORE!

Make sure your device is in the recovery mode in case if you dint know what is recovery mode then follow the steps that i have given here.

1) Make sure you disconnect the usb cable that is plugged in the iPod and ensure that the other end is connected to the system.

2) now switch off the device. Having switched it off Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button till you get to see the red slider. now slide it and turn the device off.

3) Now press and hold the home button at the same time connect the USB cable to the device, which makes the device turned on.

4) continue pressing the home button until and unless you see the Connect to iTunes screen.

5) Now open up the iTunes and you should be able to see the "recovery mode" alert.

6) Now you can use iTunes to restore the device.

I hope this helps.