Thread: Function keys are not working in Toshiba Satellite A215-S4747

Function keys are not working in Toshiba Satellite A215-S4747

In my Toshiba Satellite A215-S4747 laptop I am using windows Vista operating system and all the things in my laptop was working fine. I don’t know what went wrong with my laptop but from last some days function keys have stopped working. Please tell me what should I do to solve this issue?

Re: Function keys are not working in Toshiba Satellite A215-S4747

You have mentioned that in your Toshiba Satellite A215-S4747 laptop this problem has started suddenly and that is why you can try to solve this problem by doing system restore in your Toshiba Satellite A215-S4747 laptop. Most of the times this type of issue can get fixed by doing the system restore. Try this solution and then let me know whether function key started working properly or not.

You should try to solve this problem by installing the Toshiba Value Added Package in your Toshiba Satellite A215-S4747 laptop. First you have to download the Toshiba Value Added Package from the internet and after downloading the Toshiba Value Added Package you have to install it in your laptop and after installing the Toshiba Value Added Package you have to restart the laptop and after restarting the laptop you have to check whether you are able to use the function keys or not.

In my Toshiba laptop I was also facing the same problem after upgrading the OS from Xp to Vista and then I have come to know that I have to install the Toshiba Value Added Package in my laptop and after that I have download the Toshiba Value Added Package and then installed it in my laptop and after installing that I my laptop function keys started working fine.

If you want to download the Toshiba Value Added Package then you can get it from the official site of the Toshiba or you can download the Toshiba Value Added Package by clicking here DOWNLOAD. After that install it in your laptop and then check whether it makes any difference or not.

If you have already installed the Toshiba Value Added Package in your Toshiba Satellite A215-S4747 laptop and then also if same problem then you should uninstall the Toshiba Value Added Package from your laptop and after uninstalling the Toshiba Value Added Package from your laptop you have to delete all the temporary files and then you have to restart the laptop and after restarting the laptop you have to install the Toshiba Value Added Package again and then check whether problem get fixed or not.

Many times by reinstalling the application also this type of problem can get solved.

I have downloaded the Toshiba Value Added Package from your given link and then I have installed the Toshiba Value Added Package and after doing that also I was not able to use the function keys in my laptop and after that I have also tried to solve this problem by doing the system restore but that doesn’t help me to solve this issue.

Now please tell me how to fix this issue? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

You have to open the flash cards setting in your Toshiba Satellite A215-S4747 laptop and after that you have to make sure that they flash card options are not disabled. If it is disabled then you have to enable it first and after enabling that you have to check whether function keys started working or not. According to me after performing the above steps you will be able to solve this problem. if you are still facing the same problem after that then let me know.

If you don’t know about how enable the flash cards option then follow this steps.

• First you have to open the start menu.
    • Now go to the all programs.
    • After that you have to go to the Toshiba utilities.
    • Now open the flash cards setting.
    • Now you will be able to enable the options.

I have open the flash cards setting from the Toshiba utilities and after that I have also enable the options from the flash cards setting and then function keys stated working in my Toshiba Satellite A215-S4747 laptop. Now I am not facing any problem with the function keys. Thank you for your help.