Thread: No sound / usb on Toshiba Satellite L505D-GS6000

No sound / usb on Toshiba Satellite L505D-GS6000

I have some problem with the Toshiba Satellite L505D-GS6000. Actually my USB ports and sound are not working. I opened the device manager and there I found that the exclamation mark for the high definition audio controller and it is saying that device cannot start. I tried to solve this isue in mnay of the possible ways that I know for this but nothing helps me. I will be really thankful if somebody can post some helpful suggestion for this. Please reply as early as possible. I am waiting for the replies.

Re: No sound / usb on Toshiba Satellite L505D-GS6000

If the driver on your computer is corrupted or outdated then you might get the issues like this. So what you can do is, just update the driver to the latest version. But before going for this, you can also try by reinstalling the driver to check if this helps you in any manner.

I was also having the same problem earlier and was not able to get it solved. I tried many of the things but none of them was useful to me. So finally, I decided to reinstall the operating system. I .am with the Windows 7 and I did the same. After completion of the installation, I lost my all the installed apps from my PC but got the sound working again. You can also do the same but make sure that you have already tried with all the other possible solutions for this issue and if none of the solutions helps you then only make this as a last option but there are more chances that this will solve the problem for you. Please reply, if you are having problem even after reinstalling the operating system.

Try to check the sound on the headphones and see if headphones are also not giving you sound. I am telling you this because I think that there might be some issue with the speaker that you are using and this is not the fault with the system.

One of the most common audio problems with laptops is that you hear when you connect headphones but there is no sound. Although there is always many of the similar issues but there are different reasons that can lead to. Usually you can hear the sound through your headphones, if you exclude some possible sources of error at first then you must check the audio settings of your laptop.