Thread: Toshiba Satellite L505D-S5965 is not booting

Toshiba Satellite L505D-S5965 is not booting

hey all, i get the problem related with the booting in the Toshiba Satellite L505D-S5965. when i am trying to reboot the system today, at that time i get that the system is making sound that made me think I had damaged the hard driv. And then i tried with the removing the battery out and then i inserted it to the laptop and at that time i get that Vista never loaded fully, and suddenly i get the BSOD, on that i read that

The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant. Please contact your system vendor for an updated BIOS.
    STOP: 0x000000A5 (0x00001000, 0x00000000, 0x96408500, 0x00000100)
    what can i do now?? if here anyone-have the suggestion about this then please reply me back about this.

Re: Toshiba Satellite L505D-S5965 is not booting

Ok, if you get this type of the problem then for that i will suggest you to try with the system reset. which you can do after following the steps which are as:::

• Power off the notebook and then unplug everything from the notebook including the AC.
    • and after that remove the battery and then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds..
    • and then replace the battery and the AC>> and power on the notebook.
    • and when you see the Toshiba logo at that time press 'F2' that will help you to enter in the BIOS setup.
    • and in the setup, press the F9 key to load setup defaults and then press 'F10' to save and exit.

try with this all and reply here back about the results of this, hope that this will help you to resolve the problem.

yes, i tried with all the settings which you have suggested me over here but still i am getting that BSOD again saying the same error message. thanks for suggesting me about this all things, but now what can i do???

OK, since you have tried with the steps which i have suggested to me but still after this you get the same problem then for that i will suggest you to try with the steps which are as::

• turn off the Notebook again>> and then remove the AC and battery.
    • after this try removing both RAM modules and then replace one module in a different slot.
    • and then replace the battery and AC and then try with again power on the system.

please reply me back about the results of this.

Ok, if you are getting problem with the BIOS Recovery then for this, i will suggest you to try with the contacting with the Toshiba support, i am sure that you will get the suggestion about this. i know here that you have tried with the al the suggestion about this but still your Are getting the problem with this and for getting resolve the problem, you have also tried with the BIOS Update but still you get the same problem with this. so i hope that Toshiba support can help you for resolving the problem.

OK, if you are saying here me for removing the HDD and use the other HDD in this place then for this, i will say here that i have also tried with that and stil there i get the following MEssage::

"PXE-E61 Media Test Failure, check cable
    PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM.
    No Bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key"
    and also i get the same message when i tried with the BIOS flash drive. what to do now??

yes, i also agree with this because i am also having the same problem with my satellite L505D-S6947. and for resolving the problem i have tried with the updating the BIOS and still i get that i am having the same problem. for resolving the problem i am also tried with the removing the RAM from my system and try with the using the other RAM in this system, but still i get that i am having the same problem with this. and after this, i tried with the downloading the 1.5 BIOS update, and then tyr with the burnt the ISO to CD and updated the BIOS from 1.2, and ater this i get that this is working fine and now i am not getting the BOSD problem now. but still with this, i am getting that in the BIOS no mouse/keyboard si listed. what can i do now?? but still thanks for suggesting me about this all things.

HEy, i you are still not able to reset BIOS Setup defaults using the default keyboard then for that, i will suggest you to try with the using the external keyboard that will help you to try with the reset BIOS Setup defaults. reply me back if you try with this also.

Yes, i tried with this also and there i get that it is not responding to an external keyboard. what else now?

Hey all, thanks for suggesting me about this. i try with the update BIOS and there also there i get that it helped to resolve the BSOD problem and now this is working very fine now. but still i when i checked in the BIOS at that time i get that in the BIOS still there is no mouse/keyboard?? why this still happening to me??? what can i do now??

OK, if you have checked in the BIOS and there you are getting that mouse/keyboard are not listed then i think that there must be some problem with the BIOS. this is because, this type of the problem occurs only when you are trying with external mouse/keyboard. try to take this to the service center, hope that they will help you for resolving this problem.