Thread: Is Toshiba Portege R835-P50X worth buying?

Is Toshiba Portege R835-P50X worth buying?

Hey friends! I am glad to ask question here and hope that you all will reply to the same soon. I want to buy a brand new laptop and for that I did some homework on internet and my interest came on Toshiba Portege R835-P50X. So before purchasing this model I would prefer asking is it preferable?

Re: Is Toshiba Portege R835-P50X worth buying?

I have recently purchased Toshiba Portege R835-P50X from the vendor and thought of sharing my piece of experience with you all guys. First of all the main thing which we need to take under our consideration is that I think this needs to do with the HDD security failing but I acknowledged today that when the laptop is sitting on the table and all things else is peaceful around you, it gives out that clicking sound you else wise hear when you move your laptop and the HDD assurance goes live by moving the drive head to a sheltered area. You get the click once each 10 seconds and I trust its simply the hard drive working ordinarily.

You will hate to know that the laptop has a terrible out of the box experience. I took it to my college to play around with the first day and it was so much noisier than all the Macbook pros and Airs around me. The fan is acting weird and hot air started coming out. Its disappointing at times.

What I have personally encountered is that every last trace of the methodologies running out of sight. I've moved from an old WinXP Dell Inspiron with 1GB slam and a Pentium M chip, so I thought with a Windows 7 operating system, 4GB, i3 2nd gen chip, my days of mucking around with services.msc and msconfig was over. I ought to have realized a better way. Following uninstalling the greater part of the Toshiba utilities and a visit to the Blackviper page, things have upgraded to the degree that my Portege is as peaceful as a rodent excluding for those clicks each 15 seconds.

With a gleaming screen, there is simply no method you are able to utilize the laptop with any sunlight around. I grasp that this is more of a business laptop and is intended to be utilized more in settings with fake light which isn't as brilliant. At the same time matte screens are the future and depending on if I had to pay INR 2500 more for a matte choice I could readily have paid it.

I infer you to buy an additional model in place of that. Since I were you thenI could favor Macbook breeze. It could be an one time transaction for you. The Macbook Air for a smoother sorting encounter. I know these things are called laptops but the just time when any individual situations it on a lap is when there isn't a table around. Then again the situation with tables is that they are ordinarily at a tallness higher than the arm rests of our seats. So unlike on our laps when the fingers are cracking down on the laptop and the tallness of the build doesn't matter, in light of the table your arms are put in a unnatural design with the elbows on the table and the wrists needing to be raised up on the laptop to have the capacity to sort. I think the Macbook Air has got it right with the front of the laptop very nearly mixing into whichever surface it is put on, so putting less strain on the wrists or palms when you sort.

I could wholly suggest this laptop to anybody. This has got proofreader's decision recompenses from Cnet, pcmag and an entire accommodate of different web spaces and I'm not seting the groundwork to profit it in the slightest. It's simply that there are numerous things that might be upgraded even if you're just charging INR 37400 and I thought the people at Toshiba might as well know.

I have been tormented with an electric cell charge essence issue when the laptop is fully powered off and on the ledge. In one week the electric cell is out of capacity and the laptop should not even turn on. Mind you it was not in slumber but was comprehensively off. In franticness I reached Toshiba and they displaced the electric cell which we both however was doubtlessly blemished. The revamped electric cell demonstrated to likewise be all in all as unfortunate in keeping a charge. In revulsion I then attempted uprooting the electric cell and put the laptop on the ledge for one week. Shock, when I put the battery once again in and turned it on, the remaining charge was 100 percent. Now I'm an electrical design and this still an astonishment to me.

Evidently some hardware in the R835-P50X laptop empties the battery yet when it is comprehensively powered off in about one week. I've never viewed this situation with any laptop I've ever possessed ever. For my mode of utilization the just method I am able to exist with this laptop is to uproot and supplant the electric storage device every time I utilize it.

I found the battery of the laptop is giving trouble when the shut off did not improve. By uprooting the battery and saving it almost touching the laptop I found that it held its charge for a significant number of weeks as I could anticipate. This confirms that the laptop is releasing the battery as I suspected. Still under warranty I furnished a proportional payback for utility verifying they unmistakably perceived my protest.

I cherish that it has a media drive, however I think I would be able to never devise a workable plan to have it copy a dvd, in spite of having the drive displaced following it slipped up once. It runs positively, quite sizzling and sometimes flounders over under unassuming CPU stack which is disturbing, but its physical ethics constructed those burdens decent. I'm certain a non-turning circle could serve some useful purpose.