Thread: Toshiba Satellite A505-S6960: Recovery Product Key unreadable

Toshiba Satellite A505-S6960: Recovery Product Key unreadable

i am having the Toshiba Satellite A505-S6960, and with this i get that the hard drive failed. and for that, i am not having the recovery media and also when i checked at the bottom of the laptop at that time i get that Product key on bottom of laptop is unreadable. so for that reason, i am thinking to get the recovery media, but can you please suggest me that it will be worth to have the recovery media if I can't read the product key??? please suggest me some reasons about this. this is because while trying with the recovery at that time i get that there is need of the product key. what can i do for this? please reply me back for this.

Re: Toshiba Satellite A505-S6960: Recovery Product Key unreadable

ok, if you are getting this type of the problem then for this, i will suggest you to try with the clean install, don't do the recovery. for that you will need to try with the fresh install for the windows and i am sure that it will help you to resolve this type of the problem. and while doing this thing you will get the problem then reply me about the product number to enter when reinstalling Windows 7. but before you are going to try with the reinstalling Windows 7 at that time you are using the MicrosoFt activate the product number. reply me back if with this also you get the problem.

here, i would like to say you that when you are trying with the system recovery at that time you will not need the product key at all. and also in your case, the main problem is that the Hard drive is failure. and you can also try with the using th recovery media to restore the computer data for the backup. and also while trying with, you will not need any type of the product key for this.

Ok, if you are still searching for the doing the same things then for that i will suggest you to try with the contacting the Toshiba support forums, and hope that they will help you in this case, i am sure here that they will help you to resolve this type of the problem.

thanks for suggesting me about that. before comming to this forum, i have already tried with contacting with then but still i get that they are not replying for me. and also on the other forums also i have tried for resolving the same things but no Avail for this. what to do now??