Thread: Toshiba Satellite P500-ST6844 Service Station Stopped after installing Win7 SP1

Toshiba Satellite P500-ST6844 Service Station Stopped after installing Win7 SP1

I have been using Toshiba Satellite P500-ST6844 and it was working fine by now but then after I installed Win7 SP1 I have found that the service station is saying that it is not able to access the Toshiba server. I was not facing the same before and it appeared after installing the Win7 SP1.Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about the same. Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Toshiba Satellite P500-ST6844 Service Station Stopped after installing Win7 SP1

I have been using Toshiba Satellite P500-ST6844 and it was working fine by now but then after I installed Win7 SP1 I have found that the service station is saying that it is not able to access the Toshiba server. I was not facing the same before and it appeared after installing the Win7 SP1.Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about the same. Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.
    Before I suggest you can you just tell me the model no, product no and all and which os are you using is it s 32 bit or 64 bit and I am asking you this because I am having the following one and I am not facing any such problem after installing win 7 sp1:
    • Model no- Toshiba Satellite A350 -01N
    • Product no: PSALWE-016004EN

It has come with preinstalled Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit Edition and now I have switch to win 7 sp1.

Re: Toshiba Satellite P500-ST6844 Service Station Stopped after installing Win7 SP1

Before I suggest you can you just tell me the model no, product no and all and which os are you using is it s 32 bit or 64 bit and I am asking you this because I am having the following one and I am not facing any such problem after installing win 7 sp1:
    • Model no- Toshiba Satellite A350 -01N
    • Product no: PSALWE-016004EN

It has come with preinstalled Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit Edition and now I have switch to win 7 sp1.

I am having the same problem and I have also contacted the Toshiba tech support as well and they said me to provide the details of the laptop and then they will look over it and call me back again with a solution for the same and now it has been more than two weeks and I have not got any response from them and I really think that they are good for nothing. I have been looking a solution of this problem since 15 days but then I have not got any success yet and I am really tired if contacting the tech support again and again and now I really don’t expect any help from them as well but I want to solve it out somehow. So any further help for this problem will be appreciated.

Yes even I had contacted them on that say itself and they had asked me for the above details and then they said me the same thing that they will call me back again in 3 days but then after a week I called then back and then they connected me to the level two and after that the person told me to send him a private message and all and I have done the same quite a few days back and I was still waiting for a response from them but now after hearing your case I think that even I was wasting my time with them but then I think that there has to be a solution for the same. So if anyone is aware of it then please share it with us it will be highly appreciated.

I have tried to do a trouble shoot as well and I have found that under the config files for the program the address bar is appearing to be non functional and it is not giving any kind of response so I just wanted to know that if I am only having this symptoms or even you are facing the same so just check it out and let me know. Other than that I have also found that the C:\ProgramData\Toshiba\TSS\ToshibaUpdates.xml is able to get the updates but then I don’t see the same getting displayed in service station. Just check all these and see if we both are having the same case or it is different.

Yes I have checked it and I am having the same case as that of yours, I was not aware of these things before and now it is getting complex, I really wish that there should be some official who should address this problem and help us with a solution for the same.

I really don’t use the Toshiba service station application because I don’t find it much of my use so if you don’t use it and you want to get rid of it then I will say that just uninstall it and you can just do that by going in to the control panel and then uninstalling it. I have done the same in order to get rid of it. If you want then you can do the same.

I will like to share that this was the last thing that I had tried but then I was not able to uninstall it because and it said me to registered on the support site and then enable the option and when I tried to do the same then it said that I will have to wait till there is an update available for the same. So is there any other solution that I can try out?

I really don’t use the Toshiba service station application because I don’t find it much of my use so if you don’t use it and you want to get rid of it then I will say that just uninstall it and you can just do that by going in to the control panel and then uninstalling it. I have done the same in order to get rid of it. If you want then you can do the same.
    After looking at your suggestions even I am thinking of quitting the use of Toshiba service station application and not because it is of no use but because I am not finding a solution to get it work and I really can’t switch back to the pre-installed windows again just to get it work. It was of use to me but then I used to use it sometimes. Anyways thanks to you all for sharing your suggestions with me, I really appreciate your help.