Thread: Recovery media not booting with Toshiba Satellite L665D

Recovery media not booting with Toshiba Satellite L665D

Hey all, currently i have get the new Toshiba Satellite L665D, and with this i was very happy. but today i get that the internal hard drive took a dirt nap. and for that i think to get the new recovery media from Toshiba and after this i will try with the purchase a 1TB external hard drive. and for that reason i try with the getting the recovery media and also getting the external hard drive. and i install this hard drive in the system but still i get there problem when i am trying to boot using the Recovery media. for this i changed the setting in the boot settings and also set CD to top priority and the removable to second priority, and then again try with the booting but at that time i get that the system is still booting with the dead hard drive?/ why this is happening to me?? please reply me back about this? if you are having the suggestion then suggest me for resolving this problem.

Re: Recovery media not booting with Toshiba Satellite L665D

Hey dude, if you are doing the setting in the Boot menu but still there you are gettign the problem then for that i will suggest you to try with the removing the BIOS battery and after this, try again with the same setting for the set CD to top priority. try with this now i am sure that you will not get any problem with this.

yes, i also facing the same problem with the new Toshiba Satellite L655D and with this when i tried with the booting the Recovery media disc then i get this type of the problem. and for getting resolve this i have also tried with the so many setting and also other suggestion from the other forums, but still i get the same problem. can here anyone suggest me some way to get resolve this type of the problem.

Here, i would like to say that the Windows will not run from an external drive. i think that for replacing the internal hard disk, you will need to try with the using the User's Guide. and with the help of the that you can get the proper suggestion for this. and while you are tryign with i would like to say that restore it to its original out-of-the-box contents using Toshiba recovery discs. if you are not having the User's Guide then for this, you can also get that from here::

User's Guide.

Yes, i tried with the user Guide also which i have downloaded from the link which you have given to me. thanks for that. now i get that the Recovery media on my laptop is working very fine. thanks for the great suggestion.

Yes, i am also having the same problem with the Recovery media not booting with Toshiba Satellite C655, and for that i have also tried with the so many of the suggestion still after that i get that i am not able to resolve this problem and also when i try with the all the suggestion above then also i get the same results that Recovery media not booting.. why this is happenning with me??? can here anyone suggets me also for getting reslve this problem??