Thread: How to disable HTC Sense in HTC Sensation XL?

How to disable HTC Sense in HTC Sensation XL?

HI, is there anybody knows as is there any ways to disable as much of HTC sense as possible. Because the thing is like I have installed ADW launcher cause I greatly have a preference a cleaner look/feel to my device, but that fanatical pull down notification area and the unvarying nagging to authorize HTC on Facebook is becoming a terrifying. Thus please let me know whether this is possible or not. Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: How to disable HTC Sense in HTC Sensation XL?

No I don’t think there could be any option regarding disabling that, because it seems like this is built in feature with the phone which is not even neglect able.

But still have you ask their support center for the same? you may get any sort of information from there.

I don’t know how exactly this could be possible to your device but still see when i was searching about the same at that time i got this video in YouTube thus i would like to suggest you that you should see that and see whether you are getting any sort of solution form there or not. See though they have mentioned the steps for the HTC EVO 4G but still probably it will be same in your phone as well.

No I don’t think there could be any option regarding disabling that, because it seems like this is built in feature with the phone which is not even neglect able.

But still have you ask their support center for the same? you may get any sort of information from there.
    I am completely disagree with the you as there is a option to get this feature disable in the phone. i would like to suggest you that you should follow the below mentioned steps in order to HTC sense in your phone.

• Press MENU button and select “Settings”.

• Now select “Applications” and then select “Manage Applications”.

• Now you may have to wait for the OS to figure application utilization.

• After that just scroll down the listing until you see “HTC Sense” option and select it to go to the Application Info page.

• As you reach to that page select the Clear Defaults button.

• As you finished with this you need to press the HOME button and subsequently you will be prompted to choose which application to compete the action with. Select Home and chose to make this the default action

Though i am agree with the above user but still you should note that Now you are back at the standard Android Home screen, what are the consequence over here? There are now four smaller number of home panels on which to insert widgets and shortcuts.

The HTC widgets are no longer obtainable, but the HTC customized apps like People and Messages are still obtainable and i am not that sure about the facebook integration into the contacts but still i am assuming as it is still there, also.

Though i am agree with the above user but still you should note that Now you are back at the standard Android Home screen, what are the consequence over here? There are now four smaller number of home panels on which to insert widgets and shortcuts.

The HTC widgets are no longer obtainable, but the HTC customized apps like People and Messages are still obtainable and i am not that sure about the facebook integration into the contacts but still i am assuming as it is still there, also.
    This is quite good but still what if i want to go back to Sense once again, is it possible to make it enable once again?

This is quite good but still what if i want to go back to Sense once again, is it possible to make it enable once again?
    Yeah off course you can do that, you just have to follow the above mentioned steps till ‘4’ where you will select Home and then clear it's defaults. The rest is the similar.