Thread: Not able to transfer file in Toshiba thrive after update to 3.2

Not able to transfer file in Toshiba thrive after update to 3.2

I have recently bought Toshiba thrive and it has just been a week and the problem that I have started noticing is that I am not able to transfers file now, I mean when I am copying files from SD or USB then I am just getting a message saying that the "The system is scanning files. File operations are not permitted at this time", I don’t know what is it talking about but then I really want to get rid of this. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Not able to transfer file in Toshiba thrive after update to 3.2

I have recently bought Toshiba thrive and it has just been a week and the problem that I have started noticing is that I am not able to transfers file now, I mean when I am copying files from SD or USB then I am just getting a message saying that the "The system is scanning files. File operations are not permitted at this time", I don’t know what is it talking about but then I really want to get rid of this. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.
    You can just follow the below steps to get rid of this problem:
    • Insert the sd card in the pc and then Format it using the the command line, for e.g format f: /v:mydisk /fs:fat32
    • After the process is complete just Eject the SD and then insert it in to the drive and then turn it off.
    • Switch it on again say after 30 seconds and then open the Toshiba file manager and then open the sd card and then just create a folder using the default folder name "folder" and after that move copy some files in to it and then it should copy it without any problem and you should also be able to copy the files from the same to other external hdd and usb. Just try it out and then let me know if it works.

Hey I was facing the same problem just a few months back and the problem here it was that the SD card was locked and because of which it was not able to copy the files from the sd card, but then I am not very sure about it in your case so just check it if it is so and if you find the sd card locked then just unlock it and the problem will be solved. In my case I was having the same problem but after unlocking the sd card I was able to copy the files from the sd card. Just check it out and then let me know what you get.

I am having the same problem and I don’t think that it is because the sd card is locked and all, I have rechecked it and I have found that the sd card is unlocked and I am still not able to copy the files from the sd card to the external hard drive and when I do so then I am getting the same message which says "The system is scanning files. File operations are not permitted at this time." I have also found that the problem is only with the external hard drive, I mean that when I am copying the files in usb then it does not give me such messages, it is just giving me that message for the external hard drive. Sometimes it does not get recognized as well but when I unplug it and put it again then it gets recognized but it won’t allow me to copy files to it. Is there any solution that I can try out??

Even I am facing the same problem and I will like to share that I have bought this Thrive because of the SD card and USB feature but then I did not had an idea that it will run it to problems like this even though it does not ask much for the connectivity and provide the ability of navigating through the folders in the external hard drive but then I don’t know why it is not able to perform simple file operation like copying an all. I have found a no of people having the same problem but then there are people who have mentioned that it is working for them without any problem, so this makes me think why not with us? I think that they should really look after this because the SD card and USB are major selling points of the Thrive.

I think that it is some kind of setting that is to be changed in thrives or some apps or something might have been locked in the media scanner but then I am not very sure about it. I will suggest you to use the Astro in order to copy the files because I have found that it does not matter if the file is being scanned or not and I think that this will be better rather than just waiting and watching it scanning. I will also like to share that is capable of transferring files in the background as well if you are using any other features on the screen. Just check it out and see if it is helping you out or not.

Hey thanks for that solution but then I have tried to use a no of file manager before as well but it is still not allowing me to copy files to the external drive and I get the same message again and again and it is really becoming frustrating now. Any further help will be appreciated.

I have more problems after updating thrive to 3.2 and they are as followed:
    • wifi is not working anymore no matter what settings I have tried.
    • Andropid launcher is getting closed on its own.
    • stock gmail app has is getting stuck and I need to force it to close.
    • Not able to copy files to the external hdd like you all.

After looking at you suggestions I am really regretting on my decision of updating my thrive to 3.2and now I will downgrade to 3.1 because I have not yet found a solution to write to sd card. The thing that is pissing me more is that some people have mentioned that they have done they have done the same and they are not having any such problem so why is it not working for us? Anyways thanks to you all for sharing your suggestions here.