Thread: speakers not working in Toshiba Satellite L505-S5990 laptop

speakers not working in Toshiba Satellite L505-S5990 laptop

I have been using Satellite L505-S5990 laptop from 3 months and it has suddenly resulted in to a problem, I was just playing game on it and it the sound suddenly stopped coming out from the internal speakers but then when I am using head phoned then I am able to hear the sound but I don’t know why it is not working in the speakers. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: speakers not working in Toshiba Satellite L505-S5990 laptop

I have been using Satellite L505-S5990 laptop from 3 months and it has suddenly resulted in to a problem, I was just playing game on it and it the sound suddenly stopped coming out from the internal speakers but then when I am using head phoned then I am able to hear the sound but I don’t know why it is not working in the speakers. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.
    Before I suggest you I will like to know that what os are you using and have you tried out the trouble shooting in order to see if you are getting the where exactly is the problem the other thing that you can try out is uninstalling the sound driver and then reinstalling it. Just check it out and see what you get and let me know for further help.

I am using Windows 7 and I have used the trouble shooting as well but then it was not able to detect anything and said that it is working fine and I have also tried Automated Troubleshooting Services in order to find out the problem and diagnose it as well but even it did not helped and I got the same response. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the driver several times but then it is not making any difference and I am still not getting any sound from the speakers. Is there any other solution that I can try out?

Hey I was facing the same problem and I had also tried out the above solution but then they actually did not helped but then when I made my computer in to the sleep mode and then when I woke it up as I had some work then I found that the sound was back again and I was really surprised by the same, I know that this solution sounds to be weird but then trust me this what had worked for me and I think that there is no harm in trying it out as well. Even I was having the exact case as that of yours and I was able to solve it out by this method even though it came by a surprise to me but was quite effective. Just try it out and then let me know what you get. Best of luck.

Hey I agree to you completely because even I was facing the same problem last week and I was trying out a no of solution like getting the latest sound driver and all but then none of them made any difference and alter when the laptop went in to the sleep mode and when I pressed the power button and woke it up then I noticed after half an hour that I am having the sound back. I don’t know what kind of a problem is this but then I think that doing so is quite effective as well. Just try it out yourself and I think that it will help you as well.

Hey I agree to you completely because even I was facing the same problem last week and I was trying out a no of solution like getting the latest sound driver and all but then none of them made any difference and alter when the laptop went in to the sleep mode and when I pressed the power button and woke it up then I noticed after half an hour that I am having the sound back. I don’t know what kind of a problem is this but then I think that doing so is quite effective as well. Just try it out yourself and I think that it will help you as well.

I think that you all might be lucky because after your suggestions I had tried to perform the same and I had done the same several no of times but then unfortunately it is just not working out for me. I have even tried resetting method now as well but then it is not making any difference,I just wanted to know that is there any possibilities that there might be some kind of hardware problem with the laptop??

I think that you all might be lucky because after your suggestions I had tried to perform the same and I had done the same several no of times but then unfortunately it is just not working out for me. I have even tried resetting method now as well but then it is not making any difference,I just wanted to know that is there any possibilities that there might be some kind of hardware problem with the laptop??
    I am not that sure about the same as it is working for the head phones but then there are possibilities that there might be a hardware problem and if this solution is not working for you then I think that there are more chances of it. If It is possible and you are laptop is under the warranty period then you can very well visit service center and they will definitely help you out with it.