Thread: Clicking Noise from Toshiba Satellite L7555 CD/DVD drive

Clicking Noise from Toshiba Satellite L7555 CD/DVD drive

Last week i have purchased Toshiba Satellite L755-S5306. The only problem i am facing is the noise. CD/DVD drive makes some kind of clicking noises while i was playing gAMES or browsing. I didnt put any CD in the drive. i dont know how it outputs such an annoying noise. do you think that the drive is defective or something else doing this noise?

Re: Clicking Noise from Toshiba Satellite L7555 CD/DVD drive

Are you sure that the DVD player to make noise and that is not the fan?
    If the noise does disc inserted and, using it, and it 'normal. The trolley that moves the laser optical flows back and forth, looking for the point of use and produces a rhythmic sound ..
    If there is' a strange vibration during rotation of the support, can 'mean something loose its mechanical construction, or that the screw (usually under the keyboard) is not' tight and, turning to a certain speed ', produces vibrations that propagate.

Necessary to disassemble the drive, open it (even by cutting the sealed with a cutter) to "gently" on the small round lens with a cotton swab dipped in water, clean and polish with linear motion (not in a circle if the lens rotates on itself), without too much pressure on the mechanism may be damaged beyond repair, dry the lens with the other end of the cotton, then close the drive and reinstall .Keep in mind that laptops are very fragile and that the heat, sooner or later, produces some distortion, so 'some' little noise 'is a rather widespread phenomenon. The important 'that the DVD functions and that the fan will do his duty!

It does not say that it comes from a problem with your drive increases the sound it makes when copying files, or reading a file on it is quite normal (in fact the disc is rotating much faster than normal, or it is a kind of "sleep"). This also occurs when you insert your CD into the drive (or it then goes through a phase of recognition ). It remains to be seen whether this "noise" is recent or if past now, your reader has never done that before, it may be a sign of mechanical fouling. Or, check that the screws of your readers would not have loosened slightly because of vibrations.

It is the Toshiba PC Health Monitor software. Disable or uninstall it and it will stop....please don't take it apart...

I am really interested in if this problem has been resolved as I have been having the same problem. I am relatively sure that this is a software problem and not a hardware one as the clicking sound started AFTER I had been fiddling around with some Toshiba settings.
    Did you try the suggestion about disabling the Toshiba PC Heath Monitor Software?
    I am still testing a solution as I think this may have been something to do with an AutoPlay setting (my mobile dongle kept coming up on boot). I have changed the settings so that my broadband just logs on automatically and so far no extra clicking.

I am really interested in if this problem has been resolved as I have been having the same problem. I am relatively sure that this is a software problem and not a hardware one as the clicking sound started AFTER I had been fiddling around with some Toshiba settings.
    Did you try the suggestion about disabling the Toshiba PC Heath Monitor Software?
    I am still testing a solution as I think this may have been something to do with an AutoPlay setting (my mobile dongle kept coming up on boot). I have changed the settings so that my broadband just logs on automatically and so far no extra clicking.
    Yes the click sound has not appeared after uninstalling "Toshiba PC Health Monitor" i think that it was really helping, if you want then you can try out the same.I am thankful to ccpharrell for his solution.

Yeah, it's really good to get advice from forums and this can save us all a big headache!

The autoplay option seems to be working for me so far and if not I will try disabling or uninstalling the Health Monitor.

It looks as though users on these forums know more than Toshiba about this problem!