Thread: Lenovo IdeaPad Z560 makes high Pitched noise

Lenovo IdeaPad Z560 makes high Pitched noise

Hello friends, I am having Lenovo IdeaPad Z560 from last two weeks. This is running very well but there is just one problem with it. It is making high Pitched noise which is very annoying for me. If I move something on the screen then it reduces the noise but it is always there. I tried many things for this but none of them worked for me. Can you tell me that what could be issue with it and if there is some possible way To get this problem resolved. Thank you so much in advance for reading and replying to this post.

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad Z560 makes high Pitched noise

The mechanical components with moving parts in a laptop typically cause the most noise. Electronics can also sound. Typically involve a high frequency, sometimes varying in tone, whistling or hissing sound. Normally, the volume of this happy so low that during normal use hardly will notice.

I would like to tell you that almost all laptops have forced mechanical cooling in the form of a fan, especially with the heat of the processor (CPU) and its graphics chip (GPU). There are some fanless netbooks, but this is only possible by using highly energy efficient and therefore those are slower components. Laptops have a temperature controlled fan. That is, the hotter the CPU / GPU the faster the fan spins. You will not be the first who noted that sometimes it just sounds like a crazy hair dryer or a vacuum cleaner.

You will also find that the Optical disc drives while reading or writing more sound than a hard disk. This is rarely experienced as a problem, partly due to the occasional use only.

Modern laptop hard drives are very quiet. They are in a quiet but still audible to most people. Especially during heavy use, as read-write heads much searching movements, it can be noticed. Parking the heads and turning off the hard disk when idle, saving energy, typically a click-like sound. The restart of a hard disk is also audible. There is a silent alternative to the hard drive. These gains in popularity for several reasons and will therefore increasingly as a replacement for a hard disk. An SSD uses flash memory chips to store data and this is unlike a hard drive so no mechanical parts that can produce sound.

If the fan of a laptop over time began to make more noise than is often related to Accumulation of dust between the fan and cooling fins. The solution for this is thorough cleaning the fans. You can try it yourself but make sure that you must do this while the fan is not running too fast to avoid damage.

The manufacturer of the laptop in the design of the laptop include a tradeoff between the necessary cooling and noise. Sometimes it turns out that the fan should run slightly slower pace. It may therefore be worthwhile to check if a BIOS update is a threshold for the fan control. Several large manufacturers have laptops with Nvidia GPUs in a series with more cooling over time after problems were found to occur at relatively high temperature. Their solution was a new bios, the fan did run a lot faster and thus hope to minimize failure within the warranty period.

There are some of the laptops now which is having the option "fan always on" in the bios, the fan is always running late (usually only when connected to the mains). Often it pays for this option off when the fan is too noisy for you.

In any case, make sure that the air supply to the fan and vents are not obstructed. If you are not able ;to get it solved then just contact to dealer and see if they can help you with this.

I think that your fan is set at maximum speed (hot) and in this case you decrease the number of revolutions per minute down (medium). This is one of the possible reason and solution for this. So you must try this and see if it is helpful to you in any manner.

I would like to tell you that the speed of the fan can also be controlled by the BIOS. So you can try with that and if it is not helping you to solve the problem then the best thing that you can do is to update the BIOS to the latest version of it.